Dolphins expected to cut Suh

49erurtaza

Not sure how official this is, but I'll leave this thread open so it can be discussed.

For the record, I'm against it. We can get back in the black by cutting far less valuable players. While he is definitely overpaid, he is easily our best defensive player and has been extremely productive for us in his time here. He's no Albert Haynesworth... while no DT can really be expected to live up to the contract he was given, he has still been tremendous.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Not sure how official this is, but I'll leave this thread open so it can be discussed.

For the record, I'm against it. We can get back in the black by cutting far less valuable players. While he is definitely overpaid, he is easily our best defensive player and has been extremely productive for us in his time here. He's no Albert Haynesworth... while no DT can really be expected to live up to the contract he was given, he has still been tremendous.

This right here. Dude is still a force. Why did you guys trade for Quinn if you were so up against the cap? What is the end game here? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This right here. Dude is still a force. Why did you guys trade for Quinn if you were so up against the cap? What is the end game here? 

Wish I knew.

Didn't mind the Quinn trade.... with Jarvis gone and Julius Thomas also likely out the door, we can get back into the black with a few less impact cuts.

Suh hasn't been anything but elite since entering the NFL, but people always say he's overpaid. I get that he's not going to single handily turn around a defense (no player can in this era). He's definitely going to give you a return on investment.

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why did you guys trade for Quinn if you were so up against the cap? What is the end game here? 

Because getting Quinn on a one-year rental will help with the playoff push.. but they're rebuilding.. gahhhh

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Plus they have rumors they are dealing Juwan James.  

If you are dealing James and cutting Suh to save 4M you are planning to get cap healthy - and likely thinking 2019+.  Getting Quinn at 10M+ is the exact opposite.  

The only explanation is that Mike Tannebaum must have multiple personality disorder and lets different guys take charge on different days.   Or that he has no clue.   Usually the simpler explanation is the correct one.  

Archived