Dolphins expected to cut Suh

49erurtaza

18 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Suh was due to visit the Raiders but has cancelled that visit.

Apparently the Rams have made quite the impression on him.

Suh and Donald on the D-LIne would be a force to contend with.

When you travel all the way to LA from MIA, and you pass on going to OAK, that's pretty cold lol.

It also tells me TEN/LAR/NO have all made offers he feels comfortable with.    I would be shocked if he got less than 10M given 3 teams are interested.   Doubt it's 15M, but 10-12M wouldn't shock me at all.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

When you travel all the way to LA from MIA, and you pass on going to OAK, that's pretty cold lol.

It also tells me TEN/LAR/NO have all made offers he feels comfortable with.    I would be shocked if he got less than 10M given 3 teams are interested.   Doubt it's 15M, but 10-12M wouldn't shock me at all.

I won't forgive our FO if we didn't offer him 12 mil a year.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I won't forgive our FO if we didn't offer him 12 mil a year.

To be fair, they might have offered whatever the winning team offered, but you have to concede that TEN/LAR/NO all have a better shot of being a contender - which only helps Suh try and cash in the next year (I won't go so far to say as winning matters to him above all, but business-wise playing well on a contender always brings in more $ the next year if you're going to hit FA again).   It's exactly the position we were in with Cousins, so totally know what that feels like lol.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, they might have offered whatever the winning team offered, but you have to concede that TEN/LAR/NO all have a better shot of being a contender - which only helps Suh try and cash in the next year (I won't go so far to say as winning matters to him above all, but business-wise playing well on a contender always brings in more $ the next year if you're going to hit FA again).   It's exactly the position we were in with Cousins, so totally know what that feels like lol.

I don't think TEN is a lock to be better, given how dysfunctional our coaching staff was last year. I definitely agree with LAR/NO. They are top 5 teams in the NFL right now and are complete on both sides of the ball.

I didn't think we'd land Suh, but I'm bummed that he didn't come in for a visit. That's the main thing. It's like he wasn't even interested enough to show up and talk it out.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think TEN is a lock to be better, given how dysfunctional our coaching staff was last year. I definitely agree with LAR/NO. They are top 5 teams in the NFL right now and are complete on both sides of the ball.

I didn't think we'd land Suh, but I'm bummed that he didn't come in for a visit. That's the main thing. It's like he wasn't even interested enough to show up and talk it out.

Are you really that surprised?  That's like Suh on half the downs. 

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Meh, I don't get my hopes up anymore. I'm just glad we signed Rashaan Melvin, he's the only guy I really really wanted and Gruden/Reg answered my prayers.

Melvin was a strong add.  Conley should be good.   Obi should be good.   You're getting there a lot faster than we are.    But we're still miles behind the Chargers.  It would help if Gruden would update his FA list to 2018 projections rather than 2013.  It would help us if Elway could actually draft on Day 2. Oh well, we had 2015. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Melvin was a strong add.  Conley should be good.   Obi should be good.   You're getting there a lot faster than we are.    But we're still miles behind the Chargers.  Oh well, we had 2015. 

Don't worry we added Jordy and Doug Martin to compensate for the increase in speed on defense. Gotta keep things proportional.

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If it happens, does this collectively make them the best DT duo in NFL history?

Pure talent wise, for sure.....but Fat Pat and Kevin Williams had some dominant seasons.    Guess it just depends what version of Suh  they get.

Well Suh May have held out for top dollar - but the Jets decided they were likely being used to drive up the price for others with no real shot to get him.  Good for them for committing to make their best offer and then pull out if the interest wasn’t genuine.

Archived