Dolphins expected to cut Suh

49erurtaza

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Plus they have rumors they are dealing Juwan James.  

If you are dealing James and cutting Suh to save 4M you are planning to get cap healthy - and likely thinking 2019+.  Getting Quinn at 10M+ is the exact opposite.  

The only explanation is that Mike Tannebaum must have multiple personality disorder and lets different guys take charge on different days.   Or that he has no clue.   Usually the simpler explanation is the correct one.  

Miami newspaper reported Miami could possibly be converting Charles Harris to OLB.  they wanted him to gain 15-20lbs and its effecting his progression.  Quinn is young and relatively cheap for a good DE.  Plus Miami could renegotiate that contract and save $2-3 mm as well.

I don’t think there is a team in the NFL that wouldn’t want him. Adding him to a defensive line with Bosa and Ingram would give me chills. Sadly I don’t think we have the kind of cash a free agent of his caliber requires. Probably looking for another 60m guaranteed. 

6 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Miami newspaper reported Miami could possibly be converting Charles Harris to OLB. 

A rookie was struggling?

Better move him to a position he's never played to get him up to speed.. what could go wrong, asks the team that drafted Dion Jordan? After all, DE and OLB are basically the same position in Madden.

12 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Miami newspaper reported Miami could possibly be converting Charles Harris to OLB.  they wanted him to gain 15-20lbs and its effecting his progression.  Quinn is young and relatively cheap for a good DE.  Plus Miami could renegotiate that contract and save $2-3 mm as well.

I get that thinking for Quinn in isolation position-wise.  But the move is still win now.  And a restructure creates more cap trouble later - Quinn isn’t going to take a pay cut.   It’s only going to be a future $ problem.   Cutting Suh and trading Landry/James is necessary because of their cap problems but doesn’t fix it completely - it just staunches the bleeding. 

Cutting Suh and trading James makes them worse this year.   It’s only to clear cap space and get healthy for the future   Which I get totally.    Getting Quinn is aimed at making the team better now but will create more cap issues later when they just made themselves far worse to help fix their cap issues.   Do you see the disconnect? 

I will say from a talent perspective the one way this makes some sense for MIA is if they go after Vita Vea at 1.11.   Or to go after a T.   But they can’t do both and I’d argue Vea is the only special talent there.   If they pass on that or he’s gone before then man it’s a big drop on that DL.   Which getting Quinn doesn’t negate.  Puzzling is an understatement.

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Getting Quinn is aimed at making the team better now but will create more cap issues later when they just made themselves far worse to help fix their cap issues.   Do you see the disconnect?

Your logic is sound but the facts are wrong: Quinn can be cut at any point (including 2018) for no dead money.

It's certainly weird they would 'save' $17m by cutting Suh only to spend $12m of it on Quinn for a one- or two-year rental.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Your logic is sound but the facts are wrong: Quinn can be cut at any point (including 2018) for no dead money.

It's certainly weird they would 'save' $17m by cutting Suh only to spend $12m of it on Quinn for a one- or two-year rental.

Yeah I know his present and future year is not guaranteed now - I was replying to the notion of getting Quinn number to be reduced.   The only way that happens is if he’s converted to a bonus.  Which creates dead money down the line.   Which isn’t the plan Tannebaum is following today.  

Archived