Dolphins expected to cut Suh

49erurtaza

I'm going to be enemies with Dolphin fans, but If the Dolphins are going to be bad or mediocre, I'd rather them have cap space. I don't think having all this cap tied into a few players for a 6-10 team is smart business. People are getting worked up over terrible contracts and overpaid players.

The Quinn trade seems to contradict that, but he's 27 and can be cut anytime with no guaranteed money. Plus people forget Wake is nearly 40. At some point Miami is going to need a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Even if we cut Suh, Thomas, Timmons and Wake, then trade James... do we even have money to be "active" in FA?

I think they would have about $20 mill if they did that. If they cut Pouncey too, they would have $27 mill. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I have a feeling I'm really going to dislike this offseason.

These are players I'm not going to miss besides Landry. I really like Suh. He's a great player, but I hate his contract. 
I just worry that as soon we fix the cap space we'll go back to doing the same thing and wasting it in FA. 

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

These are players I'm not going to miss besides Landry. I really like Suh. He's a great player, but I hate his contract. 
I just worry that as soon we fix the cap space we'll go back to doing the same thing and wasting it in FA. 

We're going to overspend just to downgrade at  most of those positions.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

We're going to overspend just to downgrade at  most of those positions.

I have no faith in the front office, but I'll hope for the best. I understand their plan so far, but I don't want them to contradict it by doing the same BS. 

37 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

I'm going to be enemies with Dolphin fans, but If the Dolphins are going to be bad or mediocre, I'd rather them have cap space. I don't think having all this cap tied into a few players for a 6-10 team is smart business. People are getting worked up over terrible contracts and overpaid players.

The Quinn trade seems to contradict that, but he's 27 and can be cut anytime with no guaranteed money. Plus people forget Wake is nearly 40. At some point Miami is going to need a replacement. 

Your take is the right one....but it looks like Tannebaum is going to cut guys..and spend $.   Man I do not get that guy at all.   Is the MIA owner that tone-deaf to the perpetual cycle of mediocrity that Tannebaum brings with his split-personality approach?   Feel bad for the MIA fanbase, you don't deserve this (then again, if we want to go that route, you've got a long way to go before you get to CLE's level of despair...at least you've had more recent success than them and your HC seems to have a clear plan and direction).

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Your take is the right one....but it looks like Tannebaum is going to cut guys..and spend $.   Man I do not get that guy at all.   Is the MIA owner that tone-deaf to the perpetual cycle of mediocrity that Tannebaum brings with his split-personality approach?   Feel bad for the MIA fanbase, you don't deserve this (then again, if we want to go that route, you've got a long way to go before you get to CLE's level of despair...at least you've had more recent success than them and your HC seems to have a clear plan and direction).

Ross deserves a lot of credit because he renovated the whole stadium out of his own pocket and he genuinely wants the team to win, but he's always been too soft with the management. He's kept coaches and GMs here far too long when everyone else knew they should be gone and then they end up wasting a whole year.  The GM Jeff Ireland should have been fired with Sparano. We keep him and pair him with the new coach. That's mistake. He ends up getting fired eventually. We had to sit through a lame duck year with Sparano and Philbin. Both ended up get fired during those seasons. Then they hire another GM name Hickey, but then they fire him and hire a former Jets GM who is known for being horrible with cap space. And here we are. 

I like Gase, but it's clear this franchise is a mess. 

Archived