2017 Elite League Discussion

I_GET_SAX

@deuces22wild

@USMC_PackFan

@Oregon Ducks

@I_GET_SAX

@chisoxguy7

@X_Factor_40

Are you gents all down for scrapping this awful start, turning this into a dynasty league, and picking a night for the draft? We have six here and a handful of others who haven't checked in; it wouldn't be hard to pin down 4 more owners. We could draft this weekend or next. I'm more than happy/willing to take over the commissioner duties and make sure everything is up and running.

Let me know your thoughts.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:05 PM, CentralFC said:

@deuces22wild

@USMC_PackFan

@Oregon Ducks

@I_GET_SAX

@chisoxguy7

@X_Factor_40

Are you gents all down for scrapping this awful start, turning this into a dynasty league, and picking a night for the draft? We have six here and a handful of others who haven't checked in; it wouldn't be hard to pin down 4 more owners. We could draft this weekend or next. I'm more than happy/willing to take over the commissioner duties and make sure everything is up and running.

Let me know your thoughts.

All -

Would like to get the draft going this weekend. Post your thoughts and comments on league rules, scoring, and other details.

Thoughts on:

• 0.5 PPR
  • 0.75 PPR for TEs
  • 10 teams, max, with only the most active/engaged owners
  • 2 divisions x 5 teams (randomly divided before every season)
  • 8 playoff teams (x2 weeks per playoff matchup--I am a huge proponent of this, myself)
  • No kickers
  • No D/STs
  • STARTERS: QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - TE - 3 FLEX
  • 24 Roster Maximum [+2 Injured Reserve Slots]
  • Tiered Keepers (adds an entirely new element to the dynasty format):
    • 2018: 6
    • 2019: 8 (+2)
    • 2020: 10 (+2)
  • Re-Draft before every season; combination of Google Sheets & Football's Future Draft Threads
    • Worst-to-First
    • Draft picks are tradable
  • Extensive use of GroupMe or other chat platforms (Slack?) for trade negotiations, banter, and other fantasy discussion
  • Held on FleaFlicker -- the easiest way to track future draft picks, from my experience; but extensive use of Google Sheets to track other league transactions, trades, etc.
  • $50 buy-in ($35 for 2017, $15 retainer fee for 2018)
    • $150 for Champion
    • $90 for 2nd
    • $50 for 3rd
    • Weekly Team High: $5 (x10 weeks)
    • Season Team High: $10
  • All league funds held on LeagueSafe
  • I have other ideas in mind from other leagues/commissioners, including breaking up the responsibilities and giving each owner a share of the league, per se (i.e., League Reporter (communicates league news, writes articles on in-season and post-draft happenings), Anti-Tank Task Force (makes sure owners aren't jockeying for higher draft picks), etc.). 

Happy to discuss everyone's thoughts. Trying to gather the most competitive, balanced and engaged group of users as possible. After all, it is the "Elite 17" league.

Thanks very much!

CFC

Archived