NCAA Tournament South Region Discussion

11sanchez11

Just now, bkobow05 said:
5 minutes ago, malak1 said:

As I was headed home, I read that one Kentucky player shot 20 free throws. Tell me that’s a typo.

Nope. Couldn't touch Washington. 

Might have worked in Kstate favor as Washington shot a pretty poor percent

Disappointing finish given how it seemed the sea had parted and given way to a UK F4, but also a miracle that this team managed to make it to the S16 when you take it at face value. Hopefully there's only 1 stupid departure (I'm thinking Hami, even if he's not even a "very good" college player yet, he's the most athletic guy on the floor every night. NBA team will gladly bet on him). Probably either SKJ or Richards transfer. Still leaves Washington, Quade, Gabriel and Vanderbilt to come back to go along with top 5 class.

and please, was a scrappy game that refs decided to call unreasonably tight, and they gave enough bogus calls to both sides to balance it out. How can people think the refs wanted UK to win after they single handedly gave KSU that huge momentum boost right as UK tied it up with the BS charge on Knox followed by the box tech on Cal that they never ever call? Refs had no outcome on the final result, though I wish they called the game differently because that was brutal to watch, all 40 minutes, but didn't help anyone.

40 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Disappointing finish given how it seemed the sea had parted and given way to a UK F4, but also a miracle that this team managed to make it to the S16 when you take it at face value. Hopefully there's only 1 stupid departure (I'm thinking Hami, even if he's not even a "very good" college player yet, he's the most athletic guy on the floor every night. NBA team will gladly bet on him). Probably either SKJ or Richards transfer. Still leaves Washington, Quade, Gabriel and Vanderbilt to come back to go along with top 5 class.

and please, was a scrappy game that refs decided to call unreasonably tight, and they gave enough bogus calls to both sides to balance it out. How can people think the refs wanted UK to win after they single handedly gave KSU that huge momentum boost right as UK tied it up with the BS charge on Knox followed by the box tech on Cal that they never ever call? Refs had no outcome on the final result, though I wish they called the game differently because that was brutal to watch, all 40 minutes, but didn't help anyone.

If everyone who comes back/comes in can buy into team ball they’ll have a high ceiling next year.  I think Richards sticks it out and adds some strength.  Not sure how Green, Baker, Quickley, Johnson and Herro are going to work.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

If everyone who comes back/comes in can buy into team ball they’ll have a high ceiling next year.  I think Richards sticks it out and adds some strength.  Not sure how Green, Baker, Quickley, Johnson and Herro are going to work.

The more I think about it though, and remember this is UK where everyone comes thinking they will be 1&done, Hami is as good as gone and Vanderbilt probably is more likely to leave than not. The '18 class is mostly perimeter guys so retaining Vanderbilt would be huge. Even if not, if Washington, Richards, SKJ and Gabriel all return, they will still have solid frontcourt. I think it will come down to either Quickley or Johnson who see significant playing time, whichever can do a better job running the offense alongside Quade. Herro and Baker both look to be guys who are best playing off the ball. There will be a lot of options in the backcourt next year, unlike this year, so I can only hope most of the bigs return so that we can retain that same wealth of options in the frontcourt as well.

Archived