Free Agency News

Kmart128

Free agents can now be allowed to talk to teams. And rumors already swirling. Matt Moore is rumored to be visiting Buffalo. Other names swirled around so far is Case Keenum and Sam Bradford.

Another name that has been rumored is Drew Brees. Doubt that is realistic but every team with a QB need should atleast check in.

IIRC last season we didn't hear a lot out Buffalo during the tampering period and then when FA began the Hyde, Poyer and Dimarcco signings were made official by the team. 

This will be a fun 48 hours but unless its coming from Rodak, Sal, Vic or JoeB I likely won't believe it.

Keenum/Bradford rumors are said to be coming from agents side not bills side. As mentioned the Matt Moore discussions have been false. 

Talks about Glenn are heating up as teams that are going to miss out on Pats LT Solder will be looking at Glenn. 

Also Eagles are said to be keeping Foles and will not trade him as they aren't comfortable with wentz injury

Glenn is due a $2 million bonus on the 18th. If he is traded before then Buffalo will save 4.85 against the cap. If they trade him after they only save 2.85 (because of the bonus) so if a deal is to go down expect it to happen this week. Otherwise Glenn in likelihood is on the Bills roster this season unless a deal blows them away.

6 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This has been an extremely quiet start all across the league...

its considered the legal tampering period so teams are now able to talk to agents and players so things wont be done until they can officially visit on wednesday at 4. 

57 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Glenn is due a $2 million bonus on the 18th. If he is traded before then Buffalo will save 4.85 against the cap. If they trade him after they only save 2.85 (because of the bonus) so if a deal is to go down expect it to happen this week. Otherwise Glenn in likelihood is on the Bills roster this season unless a deal blows them away.

The 2 mil may be a nice incentive to get him out but even if they pay that they still move on from him closer to draft day if they plan on moving up. They clear 12.5 mil in 2019 if they trade him before June 1st. 

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

its considered the legal tampering period so teams are now able to talk to agents and players so things wont be done until they can officially visit on wednesday at 4. 

The 2 mil may be a nice incentive to get him out but even if they pay that they still move on from him closer to draft day if they plan on moving up. They clear 12.5 mil in 2019 if they trade him before June 1st. 

Yeah I just remember getting a lot more updates on visits and rumors and that seems to be lacking at the start of the period. Not a huge deal, just interesting.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

They don't clear that much in 2019.

A trade before the 18th clears 4.85 for this season and has a $9.6 dead cap. If they trade him after the 18th and before June 1st they save 2.85 and have a dead cap $11.6

Either way the Bills only save $6 million next season and would have a $6.5 dollar dead cap hit. That's why if they trade him after the 18th it is likely because its helping them move up in the draft. They save next to nothing and it hurts them more in dead cap. 

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

They don't clear that much in 2019.

A trade before the 18th clears 4.85 for this season and has a $9.6 dead cap. If they trade him after the 18th and before June 1st they save 2.85 and have a dead cap $11.6

Either way the Bills only save $6 million next season and would have a $6.5 dollar dead cap hit. That's why if they trade him after the 18th it is likely because its helping them move up in the draft. They save next to nothing and it hurts them more in dead cap. 

No matter what there will be a dead cap this year. I was saying if they trade him as a pre June 1st which would likely be the case they take his 12.5 mil cap hit in 2019 off the books meaning they have 12.5  more cap space for 2019. Currently sitting at 86.7 mil cap space, it would increase to 99.2 in 2019 if Glenn is traded at some point this offseason. They still will have the dead cap hit of 11 million this year but wont have any future ramifications. Yes they can clear 2 million more in 2018 by trading him before his guaranteed deadline that is Sunday but this will bare no effect to the 2019 cap if traded this year that is all i am trying to say. I think a serious offer will be thrown out there once Solder agrees to his new team. Texans are pushing hard to have a solid LT as they went through 5 of them last year and need to give watson protection. I am hoping the pats resign solder and the texans come begging

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

In years past however we heard about players agreeing to contracts right out of the gate. It seems slow this year. But Cousins however is waiting for visits and other problem won't sign until after the top free agent signs.

I am so beyond excited for the next 6 weeks. It’s going to be so fun. I really haven’t had this feeling before. Made it to the playoffs, making fantastic trade after fantastic trade. Climbing in the draft showing everyone we want our guy. Finally. Oh and next offseason we will have about 100million dollars in cap space. We could make a pretty significant free agency splurge as well if we structure contracts in a certain way. 

We need to target Suh, and Star both. That would be really incredible. Our run defense would be night and day.  Also I want Sammy back if we can get him for 8-9mil per year. Highly doubt it though.

Allen Robinson, and Tre Burton are also guys i want looks at. 

Archived