Free Agency News

Kmart128

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

What is the C market like I wonder though?

He was also a pro bowl Guard in 2014 I believe. I'm not as high on Groy as other. Worries me that the staff last year never played with him at Guard.

Yeah I don't know but I'd think he could command some decent money. It seems like most Dolphins fans have been ready to move on from him for a while and I believe he's quite injury prone. I guess we could kick the tires on him but I'd be equally content just staying away.

17 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

He can. But why would you play him there when you can keep him at his natural position and get a cheap slot corner. Davis as a slot is an expensive wasteful solution

The slot corner is on the field just as much as the outside guys and in most cases covers the number 1 WR. He may be "expensive" but Tre is making peanuts and a combination of Gaines-Davis-White is far better then some slot guy off the street.

Far too many times last year we saw Johnson on AJ Green or Julio Jones because smart OC put them in the middle. 

18 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I don't know but I'd think he could command some decent money. It seems like most Dolphins fans have been ready to move on from him for a while and I believe he's quite injury prone. I guess we could kick the tires on him but I'd be equally content just staying away.

Yeah I wouldn't want to break the bank on him by any means, but I wouldn't be against him starting at C or RG this season either. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The slot corner is on the field just as much as the outside guys and in most cases covers the number 1 WR. He may be "expensive" but Tre is making peanuts and a combination of Gaines-Davis-White is far better then some slot guy off the street.

Far too many times last year we saw Johnson on AJ Green or Julio Jones because smart OC put them in the middle. 

Yeah I'm definitely in this camp. Look at what the Rams did. They've got three great corners. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I remember Jeremy Cash being a favourite around here leading up to the 2016 draft. He went undrafted but signed with the Panthers. He was just released by the Browns and he makes sense as a camp body to add depth at linebacker behind Milano. 

Wasn't he a S coming out ? 

17 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'm a big Crabtree fan. Don't know if he's a great fit though.

Same. We need a vertical threat on the outside. I really don’t know what we are going to do with our receiving Corp. I’m scared about it honestly. 

I really wish we could make a move for a legit WR1.

Archived