Free Agency News

Kmart128

2 hours ago, leeevans83d said:

Anyone else surprised we haven’t really gone after CB depth? I mean right now we have Tre and Davis and that’s it. Going heavy CB in the draft it looks like (I’m ok with that). After QB of course. 

We have been said to be interested in some CB free agents... My guess is holding out hope for Gaines before officially moving on. A lot like we did with Brown... Held out for his answer and when he did we focused on Compton. 

I think we are gonna go offense heavy in draft.  Get a rookie QB. Get him a speedy WR. And get him protection. Maybe draft some defensive depth late.

3 hours ago, leeevans83d said:

Anyone else surprised we haven’t really gone after CB depth? I mean right now we have Tre and Davis and that’s it. Going heavy CB in the draft it looks like (I’m ok with that). After QB of course. 

Beane said in his press conference that we're low on money (need some for draft picks) and that any signings would be smaller, low tier ones going forward. He said we targeted a few guys that we didn't end up getting but he didn't specifically state who or what position.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We had better get to #2 overall.

If we come out of this entire off-season with Mason Rudolph or some such crap I will burn things down.

At the very least we scared the Jets to give away picks... A week ago they thought their QB was gonna fall to 6. Even if we don't trade up we are not only in a good position but we put the Jets in a bad position.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

At the very least we scared the Jets to give away picks... A week ago they thought their QB was gonna fall to 6. Even if we don't trade up we are not only in a good position but we put the Jets in a bad position.

Nah no more waiting, it's time I am officially in the "I don't care what it takes, go get Josh Rosen" camp.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nah no more waiting, it's time I am officially in the "I don't care what it takes, go get Josh Rosen" camp.

No. That's how you get into trouble. We didn't freak out when all the QBs were being singed in free agency. That's the kind of thinking that got Arizona to spend 20 million dollars on Sam Bradford. Patience is key... I would take Lamar Jackson at 12 if worst comes to worst.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

No. That's how you get into trouble. We didn't freak out when all the QBs were being singed in free agency. That's the kind of thinking that got Arizona to spend 20 million dollars on Sam Bradford. Patience is key... I would take Lamar Jackson at 12 if worst comes to worst.

If we're gonna take Lamar Jackson I'd rather have kept Tyrod than have McCarron on the shortest of leashes. That's a recipe for a disaster. Throwing an unprepared rookie QB into the fire because we have too is also how you get into trouble.

We gave away a ton of talent to amass this draft capital, making all the picks would be the worst case scenario because then we are now 3 years away again. Go get the best QB, the QB you want. Don't settle for the table scraps like this franchise has done for the last 20 years.

Yea let's keep freaking waiting for a "franchise" QB at 12. No freaking way I'm so done with that line of thinking. I don't want the 5th or 6th best QB. 

Move up to 2 or bust, it's simple.

Just now, NickChowaniec said:

Yea let's keep freaking waiting for a "franchise" QB at 12. No freaking way I'm so done with that line of thinking. I don't want the 5th or 6th best QB. 

Yep. The Jets made their move, they are content to either get their franchise or burn for it. We need to bite the bullet and do the same. Enough patience, enough waiting. If we were going to be patient then why did we trade Tyrod and Glenn? 

Go get a QB and worry about the rest later. If we make that pick at #12 this off-season is an unmitigated disaster that will set the franchise back. So what's the difference if we draft a bust and it does the same?

The Bills have tried the same approach for years and it hasn't worked. It's time.

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We gave away a ton of talent to amass this draft capital, making all the picks would be the worst case scenario because then we are now 3 years away again. Go get the best QB, the QB you want. Don't settle for the table scraps like this franchise has done for the last 20 years.

I wouldn't call it table scraps... If we draft a QB like Lamar at 12 he would be the highest QB ever drafted. Previous was Jim Kelly at 14. With the amount of holes we have (QB, RT, RG, C MLB, Nickle, WR, OLB) I could definitely see us just keeping all those picks and building a young talented team.

At this point looking at likely price it's like this... What would you rather have?

Option 1. (No Trade)

1. Lamar Jackson

1. Rasheen Evans

2. Christian Kirk

2. Tyrell Crosby

Or

1. Josh Rosen/Josh Allen

It's gonna cost us both 1st and both 2nd now... I'd rather take option 1 and just stack the team. Start McCarron this year, let Jackson develop and surround McCarron with young talent (something we are currently lacking)

5 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

So you call you TCMD a total bust? Rough. I mean the current regime already traded up higher than you did lmao

Archived