Free Agency News

Kmart128

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I wouldn't call it table scraps... If we draft a QB like Lamar at 12 he would be the highest QB ever drafted. Previous was Jim Kelly at 14. With the amount of holes we have (QB, RT, RG, C MLB, Nickle, WR, OLB) I could definitely see us just keeping all those picks and building a young talented team.

At this point looking at likely price it's like this... What would you rather have?

Option 1. (No Trade)

1. Lamar Jackson

1. Rasheen Evans

2. Christian Kirk

2. Tyrell Crosby

Or

1. Josh Rosen/Josh Allen

It's gonna cost us both 1st and both 2nd now... I'd rather take option 1 and just stack the team. Start McCarron this year, let Jackson develop and surround McCarron with young talent (something we are currently lacking)

At that point we're taking what is likely the 5th QB off the board, and that's not even putting into consideration that the Bronco's AND Cardinals would likely do everything in their power to jump us as well if they valued whoever the guy that was left at the end of the run was. That's clearly table scraps. We basically end up with Christian Ponder.

Either way we need to give up assets to move up, the other QB needy teams aren't going to sit pat either. Allen, Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield will likely be gone, whoever doesn't get Mayfield will very likely look at us as the obvious threat for Jackson and trade up over us to get him.

Just remove all that and move up, go get the QB. 

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

So you call you TCMD a total bust? Rough. I mean the current regime already traded up higher than you did lmao

I tried to trade up for 3 weeks. I didn't have 12 to offer or pick 65 at the time. Fair comparison.

It was a bust in my opinion.

Happy with the draft but I don't want Lamar Jackson in real life.  

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

At that point we're taking what is likely the 5th QB off the board, and that's not even putting into consideration that the Bronco's AND Cardinals would likely do everything in their power to jump us as well if they valued whoever the guy that was left at the end of the run was. That's clearly table scraps. We basically end up with Christian Ponder.

Either way we need to give up assets to move up, the other QB needy teams aren't going to sit pat either. Allen, Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield will likely be gone, whoever doesn't get Mayfield will very likely look at us as the obvious threat for Jackson and trade up over us to get him.

Just remove all that and move up, go get the QB. 

Yes Jackson is the 5th QB off the board but Christian Ponder? No. Jackson unfortunately just came out a year with one of the best draft classes there is. Ponder was a reach due to a piss poor QB class. Ponder was considered a 2nd round pick before the draft... That would be equivalent of us taking Rudolph at 12. If Jackson came out last year he would have been drafted around we're Deshaun Watson was drafted. A mid first round pick is a mid first round pick regardless of their rankings among QBs... Doesn't mean he is bad. Just means it's a really strong QB class

I want us to just sit tight til draft day. I'd like to assume Cleveland goes Darnold/Allen, Giants pass on a QB for Barkley or Nelson, Jets go Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Mayfield, Browns than deal or draft Barkley/Fitzpatrick.

Giants taking a QB would kill us but we can still walk away good, especially if Josh Allen goes in top 3

Again though this move doesn't just impact us. Now the other teams that are in dire need of a QB look at the Bills as a threat to trade up and work into overtime to get ahead of us for a QB.

There are very real scenarios here where the Bills go without a QB in the first round  which I am sorry is unforgivable and inexcusable.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Again though this move doesn't just impact us. Now the other teams that are in dire need of a QB look at the Bills as a threat to trade up and work into overtime to get ahead of us for a QB.

There are very real scenarios here where the Bills go without a QB in the first round  which I am sorry is unforgivable and inexcusable.

Yup. This move from the Jets terrifies me and it makes it more clear than ever that we need to do everything to get up to #2. I don't care if it costs three first round picks, I don't want to start the season with Lamar Jackson and McCarron as our QBs. It would be yet another missed opportunity to get a franchise guy and I'm tired of it. 

15 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

God why do I have this dark feeling in the pit of my chest that we're gonna come out of this with Luke Falk.

If we don't come out with one of Rosen, Darnold or at least Mayfield this whole off-season plan the last two seasons has been for nothing. I've been prepared to spend three first rounders are since we traded down in last year's draft, I hope Beane and McDermott are too.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

If we don't come out with one of Rosen, Darnold or at least Mayfield this whole off-season plan the last two seasons has been for nothing. I've been prepared to spend three first rounders are since we traded down in last year's draft, I hope Beane and McDermott are too.

If Giants pass on a QB which is speculation from the NFLN pundits we'll be OK. I'd put Denver at 25% they go QB so we it's a legit possibility 2-3 go in top 5. We might have Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield but we will have a QB of the future 

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If Giants pass on a QB which is speculation from the NFLN pundits we'll be OK. I'd put Denver at 25% they go QB so we it's a legit possibility 2-3 go in top 5. We might have Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield but we will have a QB of the future 

I'd feel very disappointed if at the end of the day we trade up into the top 5 to walk away with Allen. I'd rather just forget it and draft someone in the third round or not even bother. 

Archived