Sign in to follow this  
marshawn lynch

Free Agency News

49 minutes ago, Joutmaniii said:

Guys - we are going to fill our roster with garbage players like Newhouse, Bodine and Compton. Do we really want a roster full of below average players to get a franchise QB? I would much rather build the talent around the team and see What MCCarron can do. If we take a run at QB and miss it will set our club back years.

Yes i want the QB. 

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yes i want the QB. 

Seriously. How long is this franchise going to continue punting on QBs? We have to take a chance eventually. 

Most of the guys he listed are probably depths signings with exception of maybe Compton.

Short sighted in my opinion. You are going to get a QB that might or might not pan out and place him in a lineup with below average players.

I'd rather swing and miss than be in purgatory like the last 17 years. I have been around for the Tom Donahoe years where he drove this franchise into the ground for years that Ralph wouldn't let anyone have that kind of power for a while.

If we miss, at least we should suck bad enough to try again relatively soon. Being 6-10 to 8-8 every year just crushes my soul. I don't think we have had a franchise QB since Drew Bledsoe, and with no one up for trade, no UFA franchise guy wanting to come here, our only move is to draft one.

Edited by Maxmw22

1 hour ago, Joutmaniii said:

Short sighted in my opinion. You are going to get a QB that might or might not pan out and place him in a lineup with below average players.

You right every qb drafted at the top of the draft goes to star studded teams. Smh.

And we don’t have 100 million in cap space next off season or anything.

1 hour ago, Joutmaniii said:

In hindsight, throwing the bank at Cousins than filling our roster with high picks would've made more sense.

**** the Jets for setting the market to trade up absurd.

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

In hindsight, throwing the bank at Cousins than filling our roster with high picks would've made more sense.

And then we’d have no cap space to pay everyone lol. This is the best way. We lose out on picks this year and a pick or two next year but who cares. We would HOPEFULLY have a franchise QB cheap as hell for at least five years, with a crap ton of cap space and 4 more drafts on top of that while said qb is under contract to build.

I was on the Cousins bandwagon for a while too, but this really is the way to go. Get your guy, spend like crazy on other positions while he is cheap, then pay him, and build through the draft even more.

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Hopefully the Browns and Giants can view the Jets like that one guy who pays $1500 for a beanie baby. He might think it's worth $1500, but that doesn't mean anyone else is stupid enough to pay that much.

Signing these guys has nothing to do with whether or not the bills are going QB in the draft. The bills had 18 free agents this year, plus wood retiring. Bills have signed Vontae Davis, Kyle Williams, Humbar, Bush, Stanford, Star, Omawagbe,  Humbar and Murphy on Defense. Cadet, ivory, jones, bodine, mccarron, and newhouse. Thats a total of 67 people that are currently on the roster plus the 9 picks if they keep all of them makes it 76 people they still need to get to 90. They need depth just because they are signing these guys doesnt mean they will be starting, no need for a knee jerk reaction saying bills are blowing it by signing mediocre players just so they can get a qb in the draft. They are signing veteran guys who have started to get help on the line and other positions. The bills have a ton of cap next year around 80-90 after the signings of star and murphy to bring in guys to build around the franchise qb they plan on getting. These moves are continuing the process by building to win now but also building for long term cant do that by overpaying free agents at every position. Just look at the dolphins they are in limbo as they keep overpaying guys and strapped for cap space which never get to be a long term contender.

13 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

And then we’d have no cap space to pay everyone lol. This is the best way. We lose out on picks this year and a pick or two next year but who cares. We would HOPEFULLY have a franchise QB cheap as hell for at least five years, with a crap ton of cap space and 4 more drafts on top of that while said qb is under contract to build.

I was on the Cousins bandwagon for a while too, but this really is the way to go. Get your guy, spend like crazy on other positions while he is cheap, then pay him, and build through the draft even more.

I agree but be careful. I said this weeks ago and got slammed for it. Just because we miss this year doesn't mean we will be awful for years to come. IMO there are only 2 possibly 3 semi quality QBs in this draft, Rosen, Darnold, and possible Mayfield if his height doesn't become an issue.  Allen and Jackson have sub 60% passing rates and historical those QBs are bust except for Stafford.

So we are suppose to throw all kinds of money at one player and have sub par players at other positions. How would that help us win in the long term?  

Allen Hurns was just released from the Jaguars. He would be exactly what we need. Doubtful we have the cap space to fit him in.

1 minute ago, Joutmaniii said:

Allen Hurns was just released from the Jaguars. He would be exactly what we need. Doubtful we have the cap space to fit him in.

Hes a slot receiver dont think he would be necessary to be honest with you. Zay Jones played slot his entire college career and was forced to play outside at times as they traded for Jordan mathews, with him going back to his original position and getting a more accurate qb he should solve the slot position for the next 3 years. Bills need a speedster/deep threat guy, if your looking veteran that would be a guy like Jeremy Maclin to fill that position. 

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Hes a slot receiver dont think he would be necessary to be honest with you. Zay Jones played slot his entire college career and was forced to play outside at times as they traded for Jordan mathews, with him going back to his original position and getting a more accurate qb he should solve the slot position for the next 3 years. Bills need a speedster/deep threat guy, if your looking veteran that would be a guy like Jeremy Maclin to fill that position. 

I would agree with this..

Somehow someway either Christian Kirk or James Washington would be ideal for us.

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I would agree with this..

Somehow someway either Christian Kirk or James Washington would be ideal for us.

Kirk and Washington are high on my list for round 2 assuming we still have a pick there. I'd rather go for their potential, better need fits as well.