Free Agency News

Kmart128

4 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Just going to get this out of the way early. 

22023424.jpg

He won't even get a thought from our staff. 

I have a question with Incognito retiring... Is he off the books? Can we just offer Dez the same price an years as Richie's deal.

He said four teams that some believe. He's always pretty careful with his wording. 

I won't believe we have an ounce of interest until a visit is confirmed. It just makes no sense that our staff would see him as a fit for us given it's history. It also makes no sense that Dez would want to come here either.

17 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

He said four teams that some believe. He's always pretty careful with his wording. 

I won't believe we have an ounce of interest until a visit is confirmed. It just makes no sense that our staff would see him as a fit for us given it's history. It also makes no sense that Dez would want to come here either.

Our staff kept Zay Jones after his debacle.... I don’t think they are going after strictly choir boys, that’s not how you win in this league.

Dez obviously isn’t who he once was but if he’s a top 25-30 receiver I’m good with it depending the price, i wouldn’t pay over 10-12AAV for him. We have zero proven talent outside of KB at receiver, we aren’t in a position to be saying no to anyone that could help us.

21 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Our staff kept Zay Jones after his debacle.... I don’t think they are going after strictly choir boys, that’s not how you win in this league.

While I agree you can't just have choir boys, Zay Jones incident is a one time thing with a man they drafted and know very well. Dez has had issues year after year. Not really comparable in my book.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

While I agree you can't just have choir boys, Zay Jones incident is a one time thing with a man they drafted and know very well. Dez has had issues year after year. Not really comparable in my book.

Dez has had one incident with the law that was a big issue and since then hes been good about that, yes he has been known to speak out or have issues with players like Odel or Jarvis landry which is what is worrisome. Not saying the bills will go after him but the 2 make sense as bills need help at wr and he could be looking for a home, i believe he would prefer a team who actually has a qb if he is going to do a 1 year deal rather then the bills just like Jordan Mathews did with Pats to boost his stats to get a bigger contract next year. I would still like to get maclin instead of Dez at this point. 

Zay jones wasnt cut because of 2 reasons, one financially didnt make sense as he would be owed his entire contract and then some unless the rookie contracts have some  wording with run ins with the law and even then since charges were dropped they still couldnt get out of it plus it leaves another hole they couldnt afford to add to. 2nd reason is McDermott wanted him and drafted him high so to bail on him with less than 11 months on the team it would look bad for him given it was his 1st offense.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:01 PM, marshawn lynch said:

I have a question with Incognito retiring... Is he off the books? Can we just offer Dez the same price an years as Richie's deal.

It is an interesting spot as he signed his retirement papers and bills put him on the retired list but he did mention showing up to Buffalo when it starts today. If he shows up they may have to take him off the list even if he wants to be cut. If the bills decide to waive his rights from being there they can actually recoup 2.15 mil from signing bonuses and the bills get zero benefits out of straight cutting him as they miss out on having that extra 2.15 cap space if he retires. I think he either stays retired or the bills give him a new deal that works for both sides and lets him stay for at least 1 more year. This whole thing has been a childish move on Incognitos part as he should have known all the parameters when they wanted to restructure his deal in the first place as this is what prompted his sudden retirement. If he was smart he should have just asked for a release when they asked for a restructure then putting in his retirement papers as the bills now have all the leverage on him.

Apparently we had a busy day!

BUF    4/16    Eddie Yarbrough    LB    Exclusive Rights Signing
BUF    4/16    Logan Thomas    QB    Exclusive Rights Signing
BUF    4/16    Lafayette Pitts    CB    Exclusive Rights Signing
BUF    4/16    Nick O'Leary    TE    Exclusive Rights Signing
BUF    4/16    Tenny Palepoi    DE    Unrestricted Free Agent Signing

So, anyone else notice Thomas wasn't listed as a TE by NFL.com?!?

ESPN had it a little different: Signed WR Jeremy Kerley to a one-year contract and DT Tenny Palepoi. Re-signed DE Eddie Yarbrough, CB Lafayette Pitts and TEs Nick O'Leary and Logan Thomas.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Year after year?? Like what?? I'm all for bringing Dez in. The man plays with passion. Sure his emotions can get the best of him but I'd rather have someone here like that than someone who is just here for the paycheck. Having him here opens up opportunity for younger guys and even less off of Shady (won't have the box stacked as much)

Per NFL.com, we said "Goodbye" to our 247# DE...

4/17  - Cap Capi  - DE  - Waived, No Recall

Frankly, I'm not surprised.

And, per CBSsports.com...

BUF - 4/18 - Signed/unrest FA One-day contract for Fred Jackson...and he retired. Glad we did this.

6 hours ago, davidderion said:

Year after year?? Like what?? I'm all for bringing Dez in. The man plays with passion. Sure his emotions can get the best of him but I'd rather have someone here like that than someone who is just here for the paycheck. Having him here opens up opportunity for younger guys and even less off of Shady (won't have the box stacked as much)

I'll start off by saying I never said I wouldn't want Dez here. I just know it won't happen.

As for issues, he was suspended in college for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deon Sanders. He was banned from a mall for arguing and threatening a security officer. He was charged with assault on his own mother before reaching a deal with the DA. 2012 saw the Cowboys put in the "Dez Rules" and he literally had a babysitter and a curfew.

His on field demeanor leaves a lot to be desired as well with arguing with coaches, yelling at his QB that he hasn't been thrown to enough etc. Talented player for sure, but probably one of the last guys McDermott wants in his locker room. 

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'll start off by saying I never said I wouldn't want Dez here. I just know it won't happen.

As for issues, he was suspended in college for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deon Sanders. He was banned from a mall for arguing and threatening a security officer. He was charged with assault on his own mother before reaching a deal with the DA. 2012 saw the Cowboys put in the "Dez Rules" and he literally had a babysitter and a curfew.

His on field demeanor leaves a lot to be desired as well with arguing with coaches, yelling at his QB that he hasn't been thrown to enough etc. Talented player for sure, but probably one of the last guys McDermott wants in his locker room. 

So everything stated has happened 6+ years ago. Nothing really recent. I’m sure players arguing with coaches happens more than you think, Brady does it too. And every WR complains about not getting the ball enough, they’re divas and they all feel the same way. 

Archived