Free Agency News

Kmart128

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Coby Fleener was cut, any thoughts of bringing him in to run double set TEs since the WR corps is limited to an extent?

This makes sense. Clay is constantly nicked up it seems. Our depth gets shaky after Clay

49 minutes ago, WMDman said:

I really like how Nick O has come along

I'm in this boat as well. Doesn't have any attributes that pop out but he's responsible in blocking and has proven to make plays occasionally. I'm good with that. Reminded me a bit of Jay RiemersmaĀ 

4 hours ago, WMDman said:

I really like how Nick O has come along

I like him as well. But if at ever got hurt I don't think O'Leary is particularly good as a #1. He is a good depth piece but I'd be willing to make us deeper at the position by adding Fleener

I'd take O'Leary over Fleener. Fleener I believe has some sort of major injury history (can't remember what though), can't block a toddler from getting past him, and really hasn't produced in quite a while. Fleener would cost us a lot and I don't really believe he'd produce more than O'Leary. And did I mention Fleener can't block? Yeah, Fleener can't block.

Fleener is one hit away from retirement and hasn't produced consistently in a long time. I'm fine keeping Nick O and rolling with the TE depth we have. It's nothing outstanding, but if O'Leary develops more and Logan Thomas breaks out we will be OKAY at the position. As always it depends on Clay's health anyway, most teams don't have two cromulent TE's.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:50 AM, BigMountainGoat said:

Is he any better than O'Leary? and he would cost a lot more

Why do people insist that players will cost more? We have no clue what his asking rate is so if he is a guy that McDermott feels can help the offense then bring him in.

The bills desperately need some weapons to help Mccarron and Allen out. Bills have a few WRs and with Daboll (based on his past work) will likely running double TE sets like they did in New England then I expect both Oleary and Clay out on the field most of the time. If or when clay gets injured they have Logan Thomas who was a liability at times last year so the bills will be handcuffed to play double Te sets. if they do plan on using this formation as Clay would be injured then there would beĀ no one left to help out, this is why Fleener could be a help.Ā 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Eagles cut Mychal Kendricks. He would be a nice addition to the bills having Milano, Trumands, and Kendricks as starters with Alexander coming off the bench in certain situations.

Ooh I would love this.. This would be a big get but I see 49ers getting himĀ 

Archived