Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
marshawn lynch

Free Agency News

Recommended Posts

as a fan im starting to get flustered as 2 spots need depth and even starters LB and WR. Kendricks is still out there that could be a great addition with the time of year he would clearly sign a 1 year prove it deal likely not much so why not bring him in to check out his ankle and meet with him? Outside of Milano, Alexander and Edmunds you dont really have any depth and to me Alexander and Milano would be rotational LBs on any other team. WR Brandon Marshall signs a 1 year contract with Seattle that can be up to 2 mil in incentives that is nothing and guys like Dez, Maclin and Decker are still out there. With the WR corps super thin and Zay injured you have to think one of those could be an impact player this year, again why not bring them in for a visit? Is this bothering anyone else or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

as a fan im starting to get flustered as 2 spots need depth and even starters LB and WR. Kendricks is still out there that could be a great addition with the time of year he would clearly sign a 1 year prove it deal likely not much so why not bring him in to check out his ankle and meet with him? Outside of Milano, Alexander and Edmunds you dont really have any depth and to me Alexander and Milano would be rotational LBs on any other team. WR Brandon Marshall signs a 1 year contract with Seattle that can be up to 2 mil in incentives that is nothing and guys like Dez, Maclin and Decker are still out there. With the WR corps super thin and Zay injured you have to think one of those could be an impact player this year, again why not bring them in for a visit? Is this bothering anyone else or is it just me?

I get that people want us to go after some of the names still left in free agency. At this point I think that's all they are is just names. Their production doesn't equal the hype us fans associate with their names. We do have obvious needs at LB and WR, but I think there's a reason these guys are still available, outside of Kendricks. I also think that people want us to fill all of the holes in one offseason, but I don't think that's realistic given how many holes we had to begin with. I think next year is when we start adding serious pieces to this team. Another reason why we may not be signing any of the names left is because they may not want to come here. Especially Dez. He is looking for a one year prove it deal so he can cash in next year. Why would he come here when our QB situation is unsettled? It would make sense for him to go to a team with an established QB that can raise his stock. I don't see that happening here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dez has no reason to come here and Decker is just a name at this point. I'd like us to take a look at Maclin tbh. I think he'd be a OK WR3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Dez has no reason to come here and Decker is just a name at this point. I'd like us to take a look at Maclin tbh. I think he'd be a OK WR3

 I think Maclin is just a name at this point too. I think Kerley is a more reliable option. I think we will wait for training camp cuts to add depth to WR and LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 12:58 PM, Billsfaninptown said:

I get that people want us to go after some of the names still left in free agency. At this point I think that's all they are is just names. Their production doesn't equal the hype us fans associate with their names. We do have obvious needs at LB and WR, but I think there's a reason these guys are still available, outside of Kendricks. I also think that people want us to fill all of the holes in one offseason, but I don't think that's realistic given how many holes we had to begin with. I think next year is when we start adding serious pieces to this team. Another reason why we may not be signing any of the names left is because they may not want to come here. Especially Dez. He is looking for a one year prove it deal so he can cash in next year. Why would he come here when our QB situation is unsettled? It would make sense for him to go to a team with an established QB that can raise his stock. I don't see that happening here.

I understand that the bills arent going to fill every hole in one season but they still need to fill positions even if they are 1 year contracts thats essentially what we did with the trades of Jordan Matthews and Ej Gaines. Whether they are names or not they still have something left in the tank and the bills desperately need depth at the position. Kendricks just signed a 1 year deal with browns. So he is off the board and the bills dont have any LB depth. Some are sold on the starting line up with Milano edmunds and Alexander but alexander just turned 36 years old and milano split time last year with humbar so you cant count on them to be a full season starters. WR outside of kbenji the bills have an injured Zay Jones who may be ready for preseason/ regular season or may not. Some assume he will be ready but the coaching staff havent been open to giving the media the news as we saw that last year with players that were said to be day to day or week to week end up being shut down for half a season. Then you have kerley who has been nonexistent the last couple of years and was never really a dependable #2 even when he was on the jets. Rod Streater was injured and never had a solid career either. Andre Holmes at this point is on the squad for Special Teams. Whether Dez wants a 1 year prove it deal and whether he wants to come to Buffalo, if the bills offered him a job and no one else would he will take it. Not saying I want the guy or not just saying that in general with the wr that are still out there. The pool at the wr position is super thin, injury plagued history, and minimal playing time in their careers. I love Kbenji and I have hopes for Zay but honestly the bills could have one of the worst wr corps in the league this year.  I say maclin, dez, and decker is simply because of their veteran knowledge of playing time and help with the qbs more so decker and maclin then dez since he is a diva. You have a rookie qb who doesnt have the ideal accuracy so imagine putting in someone who hasnt been in the league or on the field that long to count on them to run the proper route or count on them to make a difficult catch would be tough. Bills brought in boldin for his veteran leadership, and his good hands with route running skills. The bills need something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cbs is reporting a rumor that the bills may be in the process of making a trade for Aj Klein. Coming off injury and a cap hit of $6.5 mil the saints may be looking to part ways with him as it will free up 2 mil not and 1 mil next year. This may make sense as he plays both MLB and WLB so he would be an instant starter for the bills and his cap hit will be 4.2 mil this year and 5 mil next year. Just curious what the bills would give up to get him my guess with injury it would be a day 3 pick or someone like Adolphus Washington 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

cbs is reporting a rumor that the bills may be in the process of making a trade for Aj Klein. Coming off injury and a cap hit of $6.5 mil the saints may be looking to part ways with him as it will free up 2 mil not and 1 mil next year. This may make sense as he plays both MLB and WLB so he would be an instant starter for the bills and his cap hit will be 4.2 mil this year and 5 mil next year. Just curious what the bills would give up to get him my guess with injury it would be a day 3 pick or someone like Adolphus Washington 

What are Bills fans infatuation with this guy? The article you are referring to was speculation as a potential trade partner. Nothing reported. Last year he was a free agent and everyone thought that the Bills would try to sign him but we showed zero interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

What are Bills fans infatuation with this guy? The article you are referring to was speculation as a potential trade partner. Nothing reported. Last year he was a free agent and everyone thought that the Bills would try to sign him but we showed zero interest.

And by showing zero interest we trotted out one of the worst LB corps I've ever seen, while NO defense was on point. He's a good but not great LB who'll bring leadership and is decent in coverage and we need depth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

And by showing zero interest we trotted out one of the worst LB corps I've ever seen, while NO defense was on point. He's a good but not great LB who'll bring leadership and is decent in coverage and we need depth 

I'm not saying I wouldn't mind adding him but pretty sure that if McDermott wanted him he would have signed him last off-season or at least would have brought him in for a visit which we didnt. If I remember correctly he went unsigned for awhile. Why would trade and give up something for a guy that we could have just signed and not given up any assets. Besides I think SLB is more of a need than Weak side. Milano will man the WLB for a long time. And we still have Humber... While Humber isn't a good starter he is quality depth as a WLB.

And Klein would be an awfully expensive backup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, marshawn lynch said:

I'm not saying I wouldn't mind adding him but pretty sure that if McDermott wanted him he would have signed him last off-season or at least would have brought him in for a visit which we didnt. If I remember correctly he went unsigned for awhile. Why would trade and give up something for a guy that we could have just signed and not given up any assets. Besides I think SLB is more of a need than Weak side. Milano will man the WLB for a long time. And we still have Humber... While Humber isn't a good starter he is quality depth as a WLB.

And Klein would be an awfully expensive backup

Klein was looking for a big pay day and the bills couldnt afford to do it last year they went with DBs instead. Im not infatuated with the guy and never wanted him but that was what CBS was reporting. Now with a late round pick or another player for him with a much lower contract as majority of the guarantees will be in New Orleans favor. With them signing Demario davis they do not see Klein as a need . Either way whether it is this year or next Bills will need LB help so if the price is right this year pull the trigger if not wait until next offseason to make a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×