Free Agency News

Kmart128

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Considering it took a 3rd to get a player of Benjamin's caliber, I think a 2nd is a massive overpay on Meredith and Tyrell Williams.

WR's are getting so overpaid it's crazy.

I'd like to grab Christian Kirk or James Washington in the 2nd round of the draft. Cheap and full of potential.

It wouldn’t cost a 2nd to get Meredith. We wouldn’t have to give up anything to get him

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Eric Ebron just released. 

Not sure what kind of market he'll have but he is definitely a guy that could push Clay and add another receiving weapon.

I'm not really seeing him coming here. Clay and O'Leary both had good season and Logan Thomas had some flashes in limited playing time. Seems like it would be overkill. 

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Eventually we gotta pull the trigger on one of these QB's even just as depth. Peterman scares me as a back-up.

Yeah I've got to believe there is a plan. Maybe it's Moore or maybe it's McCarron but it's gotta be someone.

On the lower end I like Chad Henne. He would be a solid backup with starting experience and I even remember before the start of last year, Jacksonville was debating about starting him over Bortles. I could see a 2 year $10 mil deal that Chase Daniel got.

20 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Siemian is off to the Vikes. I was really hoping we'd go after him.

Savage off to Saints as well. God I hope our plan isn't two enter the season with QBs who experience equal a total of a year.

So the QB market is drying up really quick. Only one left really is McCarron. Don't think he signs here unless he's desperate because he knows we're going QB somewhere in the top 5. 

On a side note...think it may be possible P. Brown isn't hearing the number he wants by now and returns to his top choice (us)? Been awfully quiet on him so far.

Same with Gaines...I'd love to have him back for cheap, although I still don't think he'll come cheap even on day 2 of FA.

1 minute ago, leeevans83d said:

So the QB market is drying up really quick. Only one left really is McCarron. Don't think he signs here unless he's desperate because he knows we're going QB somewhere in the top 5. 

On a side note...think it may be possible P. Brown isn't hearing the number he wants by now and returns to his top choice (us)? Been awfully quiet on him so far.

Same with Gaines...I'd love to have him back for cheap, although I still don't think he'll come cheap even on day 2 of FA.

I think we've got a better chance of getting Gaines back then Brown. 

As with QB, they're are still some options out there. I mentioned Matt Moore and @Maxmw22 mentioned Chad Henne who I think are both very realistic options. I don't really see McCarron coming here and that doesn't worry me too much. I'm glad we didn't chase after that Teddy Bridgewater, Bradford, etc market. 

I'm not too worried about a veteran back up. A few years ago it was Cassel and he got shipped out. Then it was Yates and he got hurt. They are all just guys anyway. If our rookie goes down for any significant time the season is lost anyway. This season is a transition year anyway IMO

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'm not too worried about a veteran back up. A few years ago it was Cassel and he got shipped out. Then it was Yates and he got hurt. They are all just guys anyway. If our rookie goes down for any significant time the season is lost anyway. This season is a transition year anyway IMO

Yup. I'm in this boat as well. If we go up and get a guy he better be on the field sooner rather than later. I'm not a big fan of sitting a guy just to sit him.

If he's got the ability and has a grasp of the mental side then let him learn on the job. We've got a good running game and a good defense so he won't have to do it all on his own. 

Archived