If it's not a LB...

mwalker

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Harrison will slide.  Reid is a better fit for the Steelers.  Bates is the one I like.

Agreed. Bates is the best All Around FS and would be a great centerfielder. But unless the Steelers change what they expect from their FS they won't draft him. >:( Also, he may not be there in the 3rd when they pick so unless they trade up he'd have to be gotten in the 2nd. FWIW: I know I've been pounding the table but Gaulden is the best Slot/SS. 

28 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Agreed. Bates is the best All Around FS and would be a great centerfielder. But unless the Steelers change what they expect from their FS they won't draft him. >:( Also, he may not be there in the 3rd when they pick so unless they trade up he'd have to be gotten in the 2nd. FWIW: I know I've been pounding the table but Gaulden is the best Slot/SS. 

Gaulden's 7+ 3-cone is pretty scary for a DB. 

::EDIT:: I'm scared of his 3 cone if we try to play him at the slot. As a full time safety, I'm not too worried about it.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yes, agreed. It was discussed earlier how disappointing (and concerning) his whole Combine performance was (8 reps? Come on Dude). But tape don't lie. It'll be interesting to see how his Pro Day pans out. 

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think you're greatly undervaluing Mosely and yes, I do think Harrison can be an x-factor. He's got everything you need in a safety.

Will he become an x-factor? Your guess is as good as mine but he's got the same chance as Elliott(at least). I'm actually pretty high on Bates except his size worries me.

Fair enough. Again, like I said, Harrison will go before our pick. I think he's our currently William Jackson III kind of expectation. 

9 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

::EDIT:: I'm scared of his 3 cone if we try to play him at the slot. As a full time safety, I'm not too worried about it.

I beg you to play some tape. He doesn't get beat often. He is at Honeybadger's level in the Slot (IMO of course). 

Bates, Elliott, I like them both, but they're not 1st round picks.

Harrison is. Reid may be, but I think he's more likely a mid 2nd (and of course M.Fitzpatrick and D.James are 1st rounders).

Hell, I like Bates a lot but you don't pick him at 28. That's such a reach.

If the LBs are gone, and Harrison is gone (I doubt all this happens) then you

have to see who's dropped. I mean if R.Smith, R.Evans, L.Vander Esch AND R.Harrison

are all gone, then someone significant has dropped. V.Vea? J.Alexander? D.Guice? C.Sutton?

58 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Bates, Elliott, I like them both, but they're not 1st round picks.

Harrison is. Reid may be, but I think he's more likely a mid 2nd (and of course M.Fitzpatrick and D.James are 1st rounders).

Hell, I like Bates a lot but you don't pick him at 28. That's such a reach.

If the LBs are gone, and Harrison is gone (I doubt all this happens) then you

have to see who's dropped. I mean if R.Smith, R.Evans, L.Vander Esch AND R.Harrison

are all gone, then someone significant has dropped. V.Vea? J.Alexander? D.Guice? C.Sutton?

This isn't a good draft class. In other years, the mentioned safeties would have been second rounders. 

This year, they are. At least it won't be somebody similar to Jarvis Jones. Because, it could be this bad.

Archived