Free Agency 2018 || Redskins Re-Signings

e16bball

55 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

^ looks like a very strong deal for Washington there on Zach. Guess even the "bumbling idiots" can get something right occasionally? 

xD 

Bruce Allen is good at managing the cap.  But he did that by letting a lot of our home grown talent walk out the door.  

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Bruce Allen is good at managing the cap.  But he did that by letting a lot of our home grown talent walk out the door.  

I keep hearing this. I want to know who the homegrown talent are? Breeland? Murphy? Long? Is anyone really losing sleep over these players?

I will not defend the way that "Brice" (@Woz) handled the Kirk Cousins situation, but beyond that I can forgive everything else that has happened. I am already over losing Kendall Fuller. What happens if he regressed back to the point of his rookie deal? We sold high on Fuller. I can't really complain since it puts us in a better position to win games than we were in. Scott M. was an interesting situation that we will never fully understand, but its in the past as well. The RG3 trade (as much as I want to pin it on Bruce Allen, probably came from Dan Snyder) set us back significantly and we have clawed back into the realm of relativity. I think Bruce deserves some credit for that. I am in the minority, but I don't think Bruce Allen is the worst GM in football.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I keep hearing this. I want to know who the homegrown talent are? Breeland? Murphy? Long? Is anyone really losing sleep over these players?

Breeland I think we should have kept on that deal. I haven't seen Long's yet, but he was a 3rd rounder that filled in well at guard and center. 

I can't really complain since it puts us in a better position to win games than we were in.

Oh boy. biglebowskiopinion.gif

I am in the minority, but I don't think Bruce Allen is the worst GM in football.

If he's not, he's sitting at the same lunch table as the guy who is. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Breeland I think we should have kept on that deal. I haven't seen Long's yet, but he was a 3rd rounder that filled in well at guard and center. 

We resigned Dunbar. I honestly would rather have Dunbar than Breeland. (Just my opinion)

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh boy. giphy.gif 

Having a QB on the roster that isnt named McCoy is a better situation IMO. Of course I can think of the two situations that people get hung up on separately. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If he's not, he's sitting at the same lunch table as the guy who is. 

Fair enough lol.

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hard to answer because we don't know who is replacing any of them.  I don't think losing Breeland & Fuller in the same offseason was ideal.  I was fully expending to lose Breeland, losing Fuller was out of no where.  

OLB is looking pretty thin.  If Ryan Kerrigan gets injured our OLB core starts looking REALLY bad.  

I fully expected us to lose Spencer Long as well.  As of right now we have no starting LG on the roster, and our interior depth is pretty awful.  

23 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We sold high on Fuller.

For a 34 year old QB with 2 playoff wins?  Come on man.  We could be looking back at this as the Champ Bailey deal 2.0.  Not that I'm saying Fuller will be a future HOFer like Bailey, but because WE were the ones that threw in a 3rd instead of the Chiefs.  

24 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The RG3 trade (as much as I want to pin it on Bruce Allen, probably came from Dan Snyder) set us back significantly and we have clawed back into the realm of relativity.

Probably a lot of that on Snyder yes.  

24 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I am in the minority, but I don't think Bruce Allen is the worst GM in football.

That doesn't mean he's taking this franchise in the right direction.  He does a good job of making Dan Snyder money, that's about it.  

On 3/18/2018 at 5:16 AM, turtle28 said:

Yes, I think we had the most the onky the team that comes close to the walking wounded we had is the Ravens. Their O battled injuries all year long. Yanda missed most of the season, Flaccew had the back injury in training camp, Maclin missed a month, Perriman dealt with a concussion, their Kenneth Dixon tore his ACL and Terrance West battled injuries but they lucked out and found Collins ok the waiver wire. Urban got hurt on D, Brandon Williams missed some games with injury and so did Jimmy Smith with a torn AChillies in week 12.

Is the prevailing opinion of our forum that  injuries are the result of bad luck or should we all be looking at the science that demonstrates peak conditioning has an inverse correlation to injuries. And if so is dumbo going to change his easy lazy summer spa like camps or double down completely eliminating practices with pads, shells or with high intensity

Any word on the big NT that visited?

i think we aren’t doing anything particularly good or bad in free agency. Yes we lost a lot of depth or maybe we didn’t with Breeland and grant having voided offer sheet and we are getting comp picks instead of over paying

but we need a NT and it’s ok to overpay to solve this almost decade old problem 

14 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Any word on the big NT that visited?

i think we aren’t doing anything particularly good or bad in free agency. Yes we lost a lot of depth or maybe we didn’t with Breeland and grant having voided offer sheet and we are getting comp picks instead of over paying

but we need a NT and it’s ok to overpay to solve this almost decade old problem 

Hankins left without a contract as per John Keim. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

For a 34 year old QB with 2 playoff wins?  Come on man.  We could be looking back at this as the Champ Bailey deal 2.0.  Not that I'm saying Fuller will be a future HOFer like Bailey, but because WE were the ones that threw in a 3rd instead of the Chiefs.  

When was the last time a team traded a "promising" CB for a Pro Bowl QB AND a 3rd round pick? In what world does a slot CB rank more than a QB? The fact that we were able to get Alex Smith for Fuller and a 3rd (when there were better options on the table) is a testament to the fact that we sold high.

4 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Is the prevailing opinion of our forum that  injuries are the result of bad luck or should we all be looking at the science that demonstrates peak conditioning has an inverse correlation to injuries. And if so is dumbo going to change his easy lazy summer spa like camps or double down completely eliminating practices with pads, shells or with high intensity

Our training and doctors have been an issue for an issue for two decades. Phillip Daniels said so, and he was on 2 or 3 other teams before signing in dc. The perfect example was Carlos Rodgers who couldn’t catch ints in dc. He went to San Fran, they found out he had vision issues there and got him contacts. So he had 6 ints in his first year there.

Archived