Don't Page Me Bro Mock

NudeTayne

Other than Darnold devotees, did I nail it?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest mock ever?

• Yeah
    • Heck yeah
    • Hornby level
    • The opposite of Mind Character

**I was about to get paged in the mock thread and this DID take some time and effort so voila**

Freeagency: CB1, WR1/2, former 1st round DT with injury history

1. In a shrewd move, Dorsey recognizes that his top two quarterbacks are ranked 3 and 4 by most folks. Rather than grab Baker number one or Rosen, it makes more sense to take advantage of having Pick 4 as a buffer for trade-downs and see what he can get. The Jets trade up from six to jump everyone else including the Broncos, their rival in driving the trade price up, and pay a nice sum of picks.

4: R1P4 RB SAQUON BARKLEY, PENN STATE - Allen and Darnold go at the top, which is exactly what Dorsey was hoping for. Now everyone gets to be happy. After the Colts grab Chubb, Barkley is left there for the grabbing. With Rosen and Mayfield still available and only one pick in-between, Dorsey lets it ride.

6: R1P6 QB BAKER MAYFIELD, OKLAHOMA - this is the guy Dorsey set it all up for, obviously. He is in the perfect position to learn behind Taylor. To get all that draft compensation and still end up with two blue chippers makes this draft a success already, but it's not over...

After being unable to trade up for one of the top quarterbacks, Buffalo opts to trade back and accumulate draft picks while moving into a better spot to grab a passer for value. The Browns give up 35, 37, 49 and the 2019 3rd from New England. 

21: R1P21 CB DENZEL WARD, OHIO STATE - now I could see him going around Pick 10 onward; however, with him being a smaller corner both in height and size, I could see him slipping down around here and being jumped by one or two corners. This may be wishful thinking, but it's in the realm of possibility. It'll feel a bit better after missing out on a top Ohio State corner last year.

22: R1P22 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT UTSA - it's clear that Dorsey is not satisfied with what we have for pass-rushers. If Davenport is still there at pick 22, I could see this happening. Again, there are several solid pass rushers, and it's hard to know how each team ranks them. That said, it appears as if Dorsey is interested in Davenport and this would be a good value.

Now that we have secured some high-quality players, I opted to trade back a few times, starting with pick 33. I like the middle of this draft and want to take some picks there. Overall, we end up equal in the draft chart. I tried to make all of the trades pretty fair for everyone.

51: R2P19 CB MIKE HUGHES, UCF - could go mid-late first or could go at all the way at the end of the second round. There are a ton of good corners in this range, and they all have different strengths and weaknesses. I'd love to put him with Ward and a top free agent corner & put our secondary issues in the rearview.

53: R2P21 LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH, BOISE STATE - a phenomenal one year wonder, the league may have caught on, but I'm hoping he'll still be there right here. I love what I've seen from him and see this as a nice BPA value pick.

76: R3P12 OT DESMOND HARRISON, WEST GEORGIA - an athletic freak but a bit of a boom-or-bust pick. He could either be an All-Pro left tackle or out of the league before his rookie contract is through. We'll see.

101: R4P1 RB ROYCE FREEMAN, OREGON - I see there being many good running backs coming off the board between mid second to early fourth round. In this draft, Royce Freeman falls. Pairing him with Barkley would be insane. This is another BPA pick for a team that is actually getting pretty full on its roster depth.

105: R4P5 C MASON COLE, MICHIGAN - there are several centers that I see going in the early third to early fourth round Mason Cole would be great value here.

121: R4P11 TE MARK ANDREWS, OKLAHOMA - I like the idea of bringing some comfort along with Mayfield. Andrew's should be under-drafted on draft day because his combine was unimpressive. On the field, though, he is good at everything and should be a solid pro. Now we have our guys at tight end. We are lucky to get such a player in round 4 with so many solid tight ends this year.

123: R4P23 S TRAYVON HENDERSON, HAWAII - he is the guy in everyone's mock and mine too.

166: R5P20 WR DAESEAN HAMILTON, PENN STATE - Saquon's buddy to bring along to the offense. He will be a fourth or fifth receiver and could turn into something.

171: R5P34 OT ORLANDO BROWN, OKLAHOMA - his combine performance was so terrible that he might go undrafted even. Stranger things have happened. That performance was all-time bad. That said, he played left tackle and seem to play it well. I'll bring him with Mayfield and see what happens.

173: R5P36 FB DIMITRI FLOWERS, OKLAHOMA - a nice hybrid fullback who could carve out a spot in this offense. If not, it's a low-risk draft pick.

Note: I decided to draft a lot in this draft. I see it as better than people are giving it credit for. We only end up with some late extra picks next year. I made the trades balanced, and the draft value points are pretty even. Enjoy.

23 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Nude...

I am so conflicted. I believe Baker Mayfield will struggle as a pro. But you are the most generous virtual football giver I've had the privilege of interacting with on these forums. Therefore, you know what I have to do...

I'll go past Mayfield just not struggling as a pro. Mayfield is the best player in this draft and has elite potential that I believe he will achieve. And yes, I do believe his height and antics make him fall to at least four. I would have grabbed him there, but Rosen was also there and I don't t believe most GMs would risk Baker over Rosen.

I'm no scout, but there are couple things that seem to stick when evaluating draftees.     For QB's it's accuracy.   It doesn't get better in the NFL.     Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, and Sam Darnold in that order are the only ones who have NFL accuracy.    I'd love for Baker Mayfield to fall to my Cowboys, although they wouldn't take him. 

It's pretty much the same as TFL for 3 techniques and DE's.    If a DE/DT has 10 sacks and 12 TFL in a season,  they're likely taking off running plays.    

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I'm no scout, but there are couple things that seem to stick when evaluating draftees.     For QB's it's accuracy.   It doesn't get better in the NFL.     Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, and Sam Darnold in that order are the only ones who have NFL accuracy.    I'd love for Baker Mayfield to fall to my Cowboys, although they wouldn't take him. 

It's pretty much the same as TFL for 3 techniques and DE's.    If a DE/DT has 10 sacks and 12 TFL in a season,  they're likely taking off running plays.    

You like Davenport? Any d-linemen you would pick over guys in my mock?

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

**I was about to get paged in the mock thread and this DID take some time and effort so voila**

Freeagency: CB1, WR1/2, former 1st round DT with injury history

1. In a shrewd move, Dorsey recognizes that his top two quarterbacks are ranked 3 and 4 by most folks. Rather than grab Baker number one or Rosen, it makes more sense to take advantage of having Pick 4 as a buffer for trade-downs and see what he can get. The Jets trade up from six to jump everyone else including the Broncos, their rival in driving the trade price up, and pay a nice sum of picks.

4: R1P4 RB SAQUON BARKLEY, PENN STATE - Allen and Darnold go at the top, which is exactly what Dorsey was hoping for. Now everyone gets to be happy. After the Colts grab Chubb, Barkley is left there for the grabbing. With Rosen and Mayfield still available and only one pick in-between, Dorsey lets it ride.

6: R1P6 QB BAKER MAYFIELD, OKLAHOMA - this is the guy Dorsey set it all up for, obviously. He is in the perfect position to learn behind Taylor. To get all that draft compensation and still end up with two blue chippers makes this draft a success already, but it's not over...

After being unable to trade up for one of the top quarterbacks, Buffalo opts to trade back and accumulate draft picks while moving into a better spot to grab a passer for value. The Browns give up 35, 37, 49 and the 2019 3rd from New England. 

21: R1P21 CB DENZEL WARD, OHIO STATE - now I could see him going around Pick 10 onward; however, with him being a smaller corner both in height and size, I could see him slipping down around here and being jumped by one or two corners. This may be wishful thinking, but it's in the realm of possibility. It'll feel a bit better after missing out on a top Ohio State corner last year.

22: R1P22 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT UTSA - it's clear that Dorsey is not satisfied with what we have for pass-rushers. If Davenport is still there at pick 22, I could see this happening. Again, there are several solid pass rushers, and it's hard to know how each team ranks them. That said, it appears as if Dorsey is interested in Davenport and this would be a good value.

Now that we have secured some high-quality players, I opted to trade back a few times, starting with pick 33. I like the middle of this draft and want to take some picks there. Overall, we end up equal in the draft chart. I tried to make all of the trades pretty fair for everyone.

51: R2P19 CB MIKE HUGHES, UCF - could go mid-late first or could go at all the way at the end of the second round. There are a ton of good corners in this range, and they all have different strengths and weaknesses. I'd love to put him with Ward and a top free agent corner & put our secondary issues in the rearview.

53: R2P21 LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH, BOISE STATE - a phenomenal one year wonder, the league may have caught on, but I'm hoping he'll still be there right here. I love what I've seen from him and see this as a nice BPA value pick.

76: R3P12 OT DESMOND HARRISON, WEST GEORGIA - an athletic freak but a bit of a boom-or-bust pick. He could either be an All-Pro left tackle or out of the league before his rookie contract is through. We'll see.

101: R4P1 RB ROYCE FREEMAN, OREGON - I see there being many good running backs coming off the board between mid second to early fourth round. In this draft, Royce Freeman falls. Pairing him with Barkley would be insane. This is another BPA pick for a team that is actually getting pretty full on its roster depth.

105: R4P5 C MASON COLE, MICHIGAN - there are several centers that I see going in the early third to early fourth round Mason Cole would be great value here.

121: R4P11 TE MARK ANDREWS, OKLAHOMA - I like the idea of bringing some comfort along with Mayfield. Andrew's should be under-drafted on draft day because his combine was unimpressive. On the field, though, he is good at everything and should be a solid pro. Now we have our guys at tight end. We are lucky to get such a player in round 4 with so many solid tight ends this year.

123: R4P23 S TRAYVON HENDERSON, HAWAII - he is the guy in everyone's mock and mine too.

166: R5P20 WR DAESEAN HAMILTON, PENN STATE - Saquon's buddy to bring along to the offense. He will be a fourth or fifth receiver and could turn into something.

171: R5P34 OT ORLANDO BROWN, OKLAHOMA - his combine performance was so terrible that he might go undrafted even. Stranger things have happened. That performance was all-time bad. That said, he played left tackle and seem to play it well. I'll bring him with Mayfield and see what happens.

173: R5P36 FB DIMITRI FLOWERS, OKLAHOMA - a nice hybrid fullback who could carve out a spot in this offense. If not, it's a low-risk draft pick.

Note: I decided to draft a lot in this draft. I see it as better than people are giving it credit for. We only end up with some late extra picks next year. I made the trades balanced, and the draft value points are pretty even. Enjoy.

like it hope all happens

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I believe Baker Mayfield will struggle as a pro.

I do, too.

Maybe not as much as Allen, but...

Rosen is this year's Bradford/Bridgewater.

An injury waiting to happen.

That leaves Darnold as the right choice.

7 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

You ever hear of a cat named Rosen?

Well, you managed to give us 6 1st rounders, I just wonder why you stopped there, why not 10 or 12. If you are going to do a mock,at least have some idea where prospects are likely to be drafted. The likelihood of Ward, Davenport, Hughes and Vander Esch lasting till you have them is -100%, and Andrews and Freeman lasting past round 2 is at least zero???????

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, you managed to give us 6 1st rounders, I just wonder why you stopped there, why not 10 or 12. If you are going to do a mock,at least have some idea where prospects are likely to be drafted. The likelihood of Ward, Davenport, Hughes and Vander Esch lasting till you have them is -100%, and Andrews and Freeman lasting past round 2 is at least zero???????

We'll see who's right after draft day. And it was for first rounders. I'm not sure where you got six. Do you have a top 64 put together? I'm curious what that looks like. It must be a great draft class this year, at least deep, because everyone seems to think everyone won't be there when it comes time in the second or third rounds to grab just about anyone.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Huh?

Abdicating responsibility to choose the QBOTF at #1?

And not picking the QB who checks the most boxes?

Shrewd?

Stupid also begins with an "S".

Would you rather have Jared Goff or Carson Wentz plus 37, 49, 2019 1st? The supposition I am basing the entire draft on is that we are grabbing one a and waiting to see if a lower one B is available at Pick 6. If so, we get a ton of draft resources on top of our 1B. I see Rosen and Mayfield as the top two quarterbacks, and I would rather take a chance on Mayfield then Rosen. I believe Rosen will be banged up much of his career and don't want to deal with that with a top-five pick.

I get that you're a Darnold guy, but I just think he's not as good as the other two. 

19 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Something tells me there is no way we get 21 and 22 for #4.

I feel like #12 and #22 is a more realistic option....

LOL thanks. Obviously I made this right before that trade happened I will have to update this masterpiece.

I'd love John Dorsey forever if this happened.

I am a big Baker Mayfield fan. Enamored with his skill set and demeanor. So if we could trade down, still get Barkley, and then land Mayfield? That'd be a win for me.

And then you go ahead and draft Denzel Ward and Marcus Davenport....my #3 and #6 rated players in the draft. Ummmm thank you very much. I highly doubt both make it out of the top 10 though.

The late round picks seem a little pipe dreamy. Hamilton and Brown will be gone way before they were mocked here IMO. Hamilton goes in late R3, Brown goes early in R3 methinks.

Not a fan of Royce Freeman, but in the 4th round I wouldn't complain. He wouldn't beat out Duke Johnson for RB2 reps though. He's big and agile, but a gigantic vagina.

I'd sign up for this draft all day even if the conditions seem a little too perfect.

Archived