Will Fuller out with broken collarbone

amazingandre

Honestly not as worried about this as some are. All reports are he was making strides but both of our QBs biggest weakness is deep passing. That neutralizes much of his value. I think being a rhythm short to intermediate passing team is what we should be anyway given our QB strengths. Braxton Miller still has enough to take the top off periodically, and frankly we can keep some another speedster to be the 4th/5th WR. Honestly they way people are talking I can see Ervin in that role on 5 WR sets. He seems to have improved and he isn't going to be able to be covered by a linebacker. If he lines up out wide that could allow some interesting things to happen. Bubble screen so he has blockers and space. Run a go route. Or stay short with other WRs going deep which ultimately leaves him 1-on-1 with a linebacker. Don't know if BOB has that type of creativity in him, but if he does that could be fun to watch.

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Looking online it sounds like a 4-6 month type recovery which sounds like he will probably be IR'd. 

Read it's 2-3 months - so puts a return in late November timeframe. Short term IR candidate, can turn it into full IR if he's not progressing as we'd like.

16 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Read it's 2-3 months - so puts a return in late November timeframe. Short term IR candidate, can turn it into full IR if he's not progressing as we'd like.

That's good news. I looked up a few past injuries and WebMD heh.

Just now, texans_uk said:

That's good news. I looked up a few past injuries and WebMD heh.

It's still possible. This is assuming he does not need surgery. If he does, his season is over.

If he tries to rush back from injury too soon, he can make it worse - like Watt and his back, or when Romo broke his collarbone twice in one season. Fuller is a long term piece of the offense you and would prefer to see him be as cautious as possible.  

It's also going to be trial by fire for Miller, which is important - if he's gonna become an NFL WR, he's going to need reps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived