Zach Strief officially retiring.

Mid Iowa

It looks like Strief is officially throwing in the towel after 12 seasons.

Probably a good thing, the beating has finally caught up with his big frame and he is just broken down.

Glad we had him for so long. He was a really good bookend. I'm just glad we have some young guys who can take over, and have experience.

Ultimately, this will improve the line.

Thanks, Zach!!

22 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

It looks like Strief is officially throwing in the towel after 12 seasons.

Probably a good thing, the beating has finally caught up with his big frame and he is just broken down.

Glad we had him for so long. He was a really good bookend. I'm just glad we have some young guys who can take over, and have experience.

Ultimately, this will improve the line.

Thanks, Zach!!

Great great player and great person. Hopefully the Saints find a way to keep him around the organization. Pretty amazing to consider that both he and Colston were 7th rounders from the same draft class. 

The 2006 draft class was amazing and the best player in it was likely Jahri Evans but Colston and Strief both came in as flier 7th round draft picks and played extremly productive 10+ year careers with just the Saints and helped us win a Superbowl.

That's special!!!

41 minutes ago, jcvoodoo said:

Maybe it's just me, but would annyone else like to see Mr. Streif eventually become an OL coach?

I know we were talking about that right after he went down with the knee. We were saying it would be great for him to retire, and then sign onto the staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived