*NEW/UPDATED - RamPackFan 03/15/2018 (w trades)

RamPackFan

Cut
WR Tavon Austin
ILB Mark Barron

Walk
Sammy Watkins
Trumaine Johnson

Re-Sign/Extend
DT Aaron Donald
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
S LaMarcus Joyner  
C John Sullivan 
CB Troy Hill
HB Malcolm Brown
OLB Matt Longacre
LS Jake McQuaide

*Other notable FA additions
LB Navarro Bowman
RB Danny Woodhead

2018 NFL DRAFT

*2/5 (37). Los Angeles Rams via New York Jets: Tim Settle – DT/Virginia Tech

Tim+Settle+Virginia+Tech+v+Notre+Dame+DC

TRADE ALERT! It totally makes sense for the Rams to trade back from #23. I cannot see it going any other way to be honest. It could be a number of teams who we end up trading back with but NYJets or Cleveland makes the most sense.  I can see them being aggressive in this draft and will consider moving back into the 1st round by using one of their 2 – 2nd round picks.  In this case, NYJets move up to #23 (760pts) fill one of their needs. Rams get their 2nd round #37 (530pts) and 3rd round #72 (230pts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8RjWeQNzw&t=88s

*2/26 (58). Los Angeles Rams via Atlanta: Harold Landry – Edge/Boston College

Harold-718x490.jpg

TRADE ALERT! If Harold Landry falls into the mid/late 2nd round OR Lorenzo Carter it would be a great opportunity to trade back into the 2nd round to get an edge rusher if DT is the route we go first. Both Carter and Landry would be exactly what we need to replace Quinn on the edge. It’s very possible either one of the two are available at the #58 spot overall. Our trading partner for this will be Atlanta, for example. In exchange they would get our 3rd round pick we acquired from NYJ trade (#72) as well as our 2018 4th (#111) and 6th (#183).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqnW41ooVG4

3/23 (87). Los Angeles Rams: Michael Gallup – WR/Colorado

USATSI_10268517_164063748_lowres-696x464

Sammy went for the money and we need to find a replacement to compete with Reynolds.  I do believe we draft another WR who can compliment Kupp as well as be an eventual replacement for Woods down the road.  I like Gallup at this spot. With great size, toughness and speed, this kid has the ability to stretch the field vertically and fill the exact same role as Sammy did last year, for a lot less $. I think the ceiling on this kid is really high, I like the way he plays. One of my favorite WR's coming out this year and I think will be a STEAL if he's available at this spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhVj7Jt3Rag

*4/35 (135). Los Angeles Rams via New York Giants (Compensatory): Tegray Scales – ILB/Indiana

636367632097694793-AP-363434608829.jpg

Fast, athletic and instinctive ILB who possesses great intelligence and has great smarts for the game.  A bit undersized but does reminds me a lot like Wesley Woodyard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bZeo8OqcE

*6/2 (176). Los Angeles Rams via New York Giants: Will Clapp – C/LSU

2bd2964705593bb9d9390984d357c6cfe96b181c

Very smart/intelligent kid who works hard and is a great leader in the locker room. Would fit nicely on our squad. Has the ability to become a starter in the league and I think would develop nicely under Sullivan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk_EH8Zfijc

*6/20 (194). Los Angeles Rams via Detroit Lions: Jack Cichy – ILB/Wisonsin

USATSI_9516906.jpg

Another highly instinctive LB who has great intelligence for the game.  Solid rotational LB who can make an immediate impact on ST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTirt1ZQFI4

*6/21 (195). Los Angeles Rams via Buffalo Bills: Wyatt Teller – OL/Virginia Tech

wyatt-teller-spring-game-mark-umansky-1.

Was touted as one of the top OL a couple years back but production has dropped. Risk vs reward on this kid is good and worth bringing him in to compete/depth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k28e0w8su1M

6/24 (198). Los Angeles Rams: Michael Joseph – CB/Dubuque

Michael-Joseph2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Josh Reynolds / Michael Gallup
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan/ Will Clapp
RG: Jamon Brown vs Wyatt Teller
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Tim Settle
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Harold Landry
WILB: Tegray Scales
SILB: Narvarro Bowman vs Jack Cichy
SOLB: Conner Barwin vs Ebukam
LCB: Marcus Peters*
RCB: Aqib Talib*
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We're not getting Harold Landry in the late second round. IMO, we're not even guaranteed to get him at pick #23.

that's why I put "OR" Lorenzo Carter...I believe 1 of the 2 are there. Many people have Landry in the 2nd round, so who knows.

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

that's why I put "OR" Lorenzo Carter...I believe 1 of the 2 are there. Many people have Landry in the 2nd round, so who knows.

I think that sounds too good to be true. I think at that point, you're picking between Obo Okoronkwo, Uchenna Nwosu, Kemoko Turay, Josh Sweat, and maybe Arden Key.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think that sounds too good to be true. I think at that point, you're picking between Obo Okoronkwo, Uchenna Nwosu, Kemoko Turay, Josh Sweat, and maybe Arden Key.

If that's the case - I like Nwosu but we are only talking about #58 OVERALL, you know that, right? You think both of these guys are locked in the top 50 picks? I don't

3 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

If that's the case - I like Nwosu but we are only talking about #58 OVERALL, you know that, right? You think both of these guys are locked in the top 50 picks? I don't

Yes. How I see it breaking down:

Chubb - Top 10

Davenport - Picks #8 to #20

Landry - Picks #15 to #30

Carter/Hubbard - Picks #25 to #50

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yes. How I see it breaking down:

Chubb - Top 10

Davenport - Picks #8 to #20

Landry - Picks #15 to #30

Carter/Hubbard - Picks #25 to #50

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20 Landry high 30's - Carter not even on the list! And you can see this consistency on many other top 100 lists.

depending on needs and how many QBs go in the 1st round I think the possibility of Lorenzo Carter being available in mid 50s is VERY likely.  You left out dude from Oklahoma (who's rated higher than Carter on almost ALL boards) as well as Vander Esch

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20 Landry high 30's - Carter not even on the list! And you can see this consistency on many other top 100 lists.

depending on needs and how many QBs go in the 1st round I think the possibility of Lorenzo Carter being available in mid 50s is VERY likely.  You left out dude from Oklahoma (who's rated higher than Carter on almost ALL boards) as well as Vander Esch

Vander Esch is a 3-4 ILB. And I didn't leave out Okoronkwo. He's in my post above. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Vander Esch is a 3-4 ILB. And I didn't leave out Okoronkwo. He's in my post above. 

I'm just trying to get you to think about 50 other players who will probably be drafted before Lorenzo Carter - you mention Okoronkwo as someone to focus on rather than Carter and I'm saying many have him rated even higher than Carter, so how does that make sense? You just don't like any mock that isn't yours, is that it? lol

Just now, RamPackFan said:

I'm just trying to get you to think about 50 other players who will probably be drafted before Lorenzo Carter - you mention Okoronkwo as someone to focus on rather than Carter and I'm saying many have him rated even higher than Carter, so how does that make sense? You just don't like any mock that isn't yours, is that it? lol

It makes sense because I doubt Okoronkwo goes higher despite the fact that I like him more than Carter. Carter blew up the Combine. Some team is going to fall in love. They always do.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It makes sense because I doubt Okoronkwo goes higher despite the fact that I like him more than Carter. Carter blew up the Combine. Some team is going to fall in love. They always do.

It gets a little tricky (IMHO) where we draft and who will be available. I think you're right about the first 3-4 edge guys ....if you're asking me I think Hubbard, Landry, Carter, Okoronkwo and Nwosu are all in the same tier.  I really like the idea of grabbing Settle after trading back then aggressively trading back up to get the edge we need. That's where I'm struggling trying to get the most out of it.  I don't like any edge guy for #23 when we could easily trade back and find the exact same talent in the mid to late 2nd (IMHO)

3 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

It gets a little tricky (IMHO) where we draft and who will be available. I think you're right about the first 3-4 edge guys ....if you're asking me I think Hubbard, Landry, Carter, Okoronkwo and Nwosu are all in the same tier.  I really like the idea of grabbing Settle after trading back then aggressively trading back up to get the edge we need. That's where I'm struggling trying to get the most out of it.  I don't like any edge guy for #23 when we could easily trade back and find the exact same talent in the mid to late 2nd (IMHO)

Well, we disagree there. But no big deal. I think Landry is a step above that group. 

Archived