Bengals trade for Cordy Glenn

ochocinco4pres

I'll take it.  Not going to complain with us addressing the OL.  I thought we could get a higher pick back as well, but again I'm a happy man.  Now if we can draft James Daniels, Isaiah Wynn,  or Will Hernandez with that #21 pick, I'll do back flips.  After I figure out how to defy the laws of gravity...

Hey guys, Bills fan here. Just wanted to give you some thoughts on Glenn. Let's start off with the big negative, he's got some pretty big injury concerns and has missed time the last two seasons. His cap number is also pretty large but I don't think completely ridiculous given his ability. 

When he's healthy he's certainly near a top 10 LT. He's a better run blocker than he's a pass blocker but he is more than adequate. I'd say he tends to struggle with the speed rushers more than power rushers. I'm happy with the trade from a Bills perspective but if you get a healthy Glenn (a big if in my opinion), you've got a guy who can play LT for you guys for another 5 or 6 years. 

This is probably a good move although I think we overpaid. Moving up from 21 to 12 should have cost them more than their 2nd round pick so we're basically valuing Glenn at that level. But there were reports Buffalo was going to cut him for cap reasons rather than keep him as Dion Dawkins backup. 

The 11.5 mil we're spending on Glenn will no doubt take us out of regular free agency until only the dregs are left. I imagine we'll re-sign Andre Smith and maybe Bodine. So our top draft pick could go to any position. If we don't re-sign either Bodine or Smith, then we know where it will go.

5 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

So, when healthy, how good is he as a run blocker?

Pass blocker?

Glenn is a bit like Whit in that he was pigeon holed as a rt OT guard and has been effective as a left tackle. As long as he is healthy, left tackle is a strength.

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Hey guys, Bills fan here. Just wanted to give you some thoughts on Glenn. Let's start off with the big negative, he's got some pretty big injury concerns and has missed time the last two seasons. His cap number is also pretty large but I don't think completely ridiculous given his ability. 

When he's healthy he's certainly near a top 10 LT. He's a better run blocker than he's a pass blocker but he is more than adequate. I'd say he tends to struggle with the speed rushers more than power rushers. I'm happy with the trade from a Bills perspective but if you get a healthy Glenn (a big if in my opinion), you've got a guy who can play LT for you guys for another 5 or 6 years. 

I pretty much echo all of this. 

If he gets back to full health and you guys nab Hernandez or Daniels at 21, your OL will be top notch,

Archived