Bengals trade for Cordy Glenn

ochocinco4pres

44 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

This is probably a good move although I think we overpaid. Moving up from 21 to 12 should have cost them more than their 2nd round pick so we're basically valuing Glenn at that level. But there were reports Buffalo was going to cut him for cap reasons rather than keep him as Dion Dawkins backup. 

Then again, draft picks have been pretty much worthless to the Bengals recently.  So in that regard, who cares what the compensation was.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

Then again, draft picks have been pretty much worthless to the Bengals recently.  So in that regard, who cares what the compensation was.

We were in a desperate situation to fill the LT spot. We had to overpay a little IMO. But it’s well worth it. The player difference from 12 to 21 isn’t that much. 

wonder who they will target at 21 now? I have no idea 

17 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'll take it.  Not going to complain with us addressing the OL.  I thought we could get a higher pick back as well, but again I'm a happy man.  Now if we can draft James Daniels, Isaiah Wynn,  or Will Hernandez with that #21 pick, I'll do back flips.  After I figure out how to defy the laws of gravity...

Aaaaah, I'm betting on YOU, @TheVillain112- after all the gymnastics I've seen you have to do moderating around here, I figure a few backflips will be the least of your worries!

One thing this effects that I have not really considered is free agency. Supposedly we had15 million to spend including our own. This will take up 10.5. Can we sign Chris Smith and our punter for that?  This might price us  out  on Bodine. There might be some adjustment  for draft slot, but I doubt we go too far over  that.

49 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

One thing this effects that I have not really considered is free agency. Supposedly we had15 million to spend including our own. This will take up 10.5. Can we sign Chris Smith and our punter for that?  This might price us  out  on Bodine. There might be some adjustment  for draft slot, but I doubt we go too far over  that.

What's the market for Bodine?  Us and us?

Archived