Chiefs resignings?

KC_Guy

There's one thing that really bothers me:

As of now I haven't read anything about  asingle re-signing. None.

Which means as of now all agents may contact the Chiefs' coming free agents. May drive the price up for some players, may lead to a realistic expectation wrt a new contract.
However, I consider it weird that they didn't even announce/leak ERFA/RFA tags.

Well, we'll see ... 

Yeah it looks like Sherman is the only "confirmed" so far.

If the price $7mil/year deal I'm reading about Fulton is true, I'd be ok letting him walk. I'd prefer we keep him though. I think another team may offer Wilson more money than I'd want to. Everyone is saying the Bears so hopefully it's enough for a comp pick.

At this point I'm hoping we keep KPL (if legal stuff is settled), Mitchell, RNR, Terrell, R. Wilson, Jenkins, T. Smith. Then if the price is right Logan and Colquitt. KPL's court date was 10 days ago but I haven't heard anything since.

In reality though, how many of our guys do we want to be keeping anyways, from this free agent class, and past that, how many are the type that anyone is really going to be reaching out to? Our list is:

Bennie Logan

Dustin Colquitt

Albert Wilson

Tyler Bray

C.J. Spiller

Jarvis Jenkins

Stefan Charles

Phillip Gaines

Jordan Devey

Steven Terrell

De'Anthony Thomas

Kevin Pierre-Louis

Terrance Mitchell

Zach Fulton

Kenneth Acker

Ramik Wilson

Rakeem Nunez-Roches

Logan was clearly overpaid last year, and performance did not match expectations at all. Colquitt I think most of us are prepared to move on from, unless he wants to hang on cheap. Wilson I think we had the chance of being outpriced regardless, as I think he planned on testing free agency, likely the same with Fulton.

You get past that, I really don't care either way for Bray, Spiller, Charles, Devey, DAT, or Acker. And I'd expect the market to agree there. There isn't a rush to resign any of them. I'd like to retain Jenkins, Terrell, KPL, and Mitchell, but I wouldn't be alarmed to lose any either. R Wilson and RNR are restricted, so no worries there. And I'll be more than happy to see Gaines leave this team.

I'd be worried if we had more guys in that Wilson/Fulton tier, who we have for quite cheap but they could command a lot if teams are desperate or enamored with their skill set, but I'd argue this is easily the weakest free agent class we've had pending on this team since 2012ish.

I agree with Jakuvious.

Logan could be back, we'll see if we resign him or take another NT.

Wilson seems to get more interest from otherwise teams than expected so he will be to expensive for us. The same for Fulton. Both should be gone for sure and will net us compensatory picks.

I would like to see the 4 guys resigned that were mentioned by Jakuvious, plus Nacho and R. Wilson.

As with Colquitt, i get the impression that we will move on from him. We showed some interest in Michael Dickson at the Combine, the punter from Texas. He might be gone to early in the draft but we'll see. They are at least preparing to draft one.

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Brett Veach said talks with Colquitt are positive and should be hearing something soon about him

Another one that my opinion depends entirely on the financials. We should have $14M left to work with right now (with some of that going to draft picks), so if Colquitt's deal is friendly we can still get one impact guy or a few low tier free agents. Less so if he wants to be the league's highest paid punter or something.

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

DAT n Terrance Smith resigned

I'm happy that we brought back Smith. He appears to be developing nicely. But, I'm a little surprised we re-signed DAT. I can't imagine him being ready for camp or the start of the season after breaking his leg week 17.

5 hours ago, valkrei said:

I can live with this deal.  Dustin is solid and it's easy to forget how important his position actually is.

Toub called him the "Kicker Whisperer" as well. Further value given our young, allbeit stellar, place kicker. I don't even want to think about life between Aguiar and Colquit.

Archived