Will Fuller breaks collarbone

ET80

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Braxton Miller time.

Pretty much, yep. Sink or swim. 

Jaelen Strong was on his last thread as a Texan, and is now probably a lock on the 53. Nobody has Fuller's down field speed though.

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Marques Colston broke his collar bone in a Week 1 matchup, missed 2 games, then came back and played the rest the season healthy. Fuller could be back sooner than I we think.

Aren't there multiple types of collarbone breaks?

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Aren't there multiple types of collarbone breaks?

Severity of the fracture likely will dictate the length of time he is out.  Since we are in TC, he likely will not play in the preseason...unless it is a really minor fracture, but the risk of something in preseason games is just not worth it.  

If surgery is required, then 8-12 weeks being out would not be surprising.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

This shouldn't keep him out the season though, right? Could he be back by November or so? I can't imagine he'd be out longer than 12 weeks. 

I'm hearing 2-3 months, so he's probably due back in November. Short term IR seems to be a good option for him.

@mse326 had a valid point in our current QBs not being the best deep ball guys, so Fuller's best trait isn't something that was going to be used as effectively as it should be. This being said, it was still nice to have a guy who can keep S from cheating...

Braxton Miller has a golden opportunity here. If he can really perform out there, he could establish himself as the #2 for the foreseeable future and relegate Fuller to #3 status next season and beyond.

Archived