Raiders cut Newhouse

49erurtaza

he's a worse player than menelik watson but is much more durable. it's a downgrade for the raiders talent-wise who are apparently satisfied with austin howard's average play at RT. 

a healthy (lol) watson could challenge howard for a starting gig, whereas newhouse is firmly a backup

yep

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586634&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

he's good enough to be a backup in this league, and he's position versatile. the raiders relied on him as a starter and they paid for it. at the time they signed him, they still had austin howard on the team, but he was overpaid and eventually cut. i didnt mind cutting howard given his pay, but only having newhouse to rely on was awful management by mckenzie

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's not a bad player. He played pretty decently and then got hurt and his play visibly suffered.

Yeah.  He isn't great but he wasn't healthy.  I'm not gonna cry over this but he'll latch on somewhere as depth and maybe a spot starter.  No ill will and wish him the best.

10 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

He wasn't as terrible this past season like he was with the Giants, Bengals, and Packers.  I mean I would be livid if the Bengals signed him, but I'm not going to laugh as much at the next team that does sign him like I would have in the past...

He wasnt terrible with us. He is better than Flowers and Bobby Hart. 

Archived