Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No doubt, but dude was running a franchise not that long ago.

Yeah and he drafted 3 centers in 1 draft with Jeff Saturday coming of a first-team all pro season, so I'm not sure why anyone even pays attention to him anymore.  He doesn't get the trade because he's stuck in the past.  Oh well.

Man, I know the Texans will have a really great defense. But that offense is going to be absolutely atrocious if Savage/Watson play as well as they've looked so far this preseason. I think their over/under right now should be about 6.5 or 7. Watson has looked lost, like, really lost. And Savage isn't much better. The line is decent, they have a good #1 WR and RB's, but I don't know if that's enough to save their QBs.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Man, I know the Texans will have a really great defense. But that offense is going to be absolutely atrocious if Savage/Watson play as well as they've looked so far this preseason. I think their over/under right now should be about 6.5 or 7. Watson has looked lost, like, really lost. And Savage isn't much better. The line is decent, they have a good #1 WR and RB's, but I don't know if that's enough to save their QBs.

Yup.  That looks like a reasonable line to me.  I would take the under on that, as I'm thinking six wins is what my eyeballs are seeing.  I like Watson as a person/player and think he'll be alright.  I DO, however, think he was overdrafted by 1-2 rounds.  I'd love for Texas to do the carousel all year and not just sit Watson like they should while they work on his accuracy issues.  I also see Watt and/or Clowney getting injured again and the defense being just good.  I know some of it is just what I want to happen, but that's what my gut says as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping this is a preview of the whole season. Forgot about that 2nd round pick being theirs too. Wow, we could really make out if they crumble. If Hopkins goes down with injury, their offense will be totally crippled. That defense wasn't so hot against a mediocre Jags offense. If they hafta carry the O for too long, they could quit on the season. Lord knows we've seen that up close and personal on our own team before. 

43 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Let's just all acknowledge this together: we are going to win more games than the Texans this year.

26 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Really hope you're right. I think so too.

We're getting what you know we all wanted: Deshone vs. Deshaun; there can be only one correct spelling.

Archived