Texans watch: 2017

BwickRedux

33 minutes ago, Wolfhunt said:

NFL league low in accuracy and a high in TO's....you can't teach accuracy.

true you cant teach accuracy but you could put your rookie QB in a lot better situations. No need to throw as many times as they did and no need to throw as deep as they did. Best example was in todays game. Huebris literately called the same passing play/concept  two times in a row. Thats not really helping your QB out.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

true you cant teach accuracy but you could put your rookie QB in a lot better situations. No need to throw as many times as they did and no need to throw as deep as they did. Best example was in todays game. Huebris literately called the same passing play/concept  two times in a row. Thats not really helping your QB out.

You are correct but how many times has he simply just missed someone who is wide open.  How many times have we seen him just simply miss a wide open guy deep.  The guy struggles on out routes.  The guy is just downright horrible.  I have seen rookies make mistakes but he simply keeps making the same one game in and game out.  He has cost us at least 4 games this year for making stupid decisions he made previously.  

I understand he could have gotten more help from the running game but his accuracy is atrocious.  Brady Quinn had a roughly 52% accuracy 10 TD's and 9 int and a 63.6 passer ratingand Kizer is 53.6. accuracy,  11 TD's 22 INT,  and a 60.5% passer rating.  Quinn never improved and Kizer will not either no matter how much support you give him.

The best thing about Kizer is the pic of the blonde in brownie man's sig.

10 minutes ago, Wolfhunt said:

You are correct but how many times has he simply just missed someone who is wide open.  How many times have we seen him just simply miss a wide open guy deep.  The guy struggles on out routes.  The guy is just downright horrible.  I have seen rookies make mistakes but he simply keeps making the same one game in and game out.  He has cost us at least 4 games this year for making stupid decisions he made previously.  

I understand he could have gotten more help from the running game but his accuracy is atrocious.  Brady Quinn had a roughly 52% accuracy 10 TD's and 9 int and a 63.6 passer ratingand Kizer is 53.6. accuracy,  11 TD's 22 INT,  and a 60.5% passer rating.  Quinn never improved and Kizer will not either no matter how much support you give him.

The best thing about Kizer is the pic of the blonde in brownie man's sig.

Dont get me wrong, Kizer is full of flaws. No one said he wouldnt. He was just going to need a coach to help him develop to get rid of them and to make the game easier for him. I cant remember who the guy was that was on the Bull and Fox show talking about Hue and Kizer and the guy was ripping Hue for the way he was handling passing concepts schemes. That he has never seen a coach throw such complicated concepts at such a young and inexperienced QB. That instead of developing and calling plays that helped WRs get out or give a QB an easy read, that Hue had plays and concepts that made it very hard for kizer to learn the reads when he is still learning other aspects of opposing defenses and his own playbook. I believed it when he talked about how McCown struggled in Hue's offense but went to the Jets and performed pretty great when the Jets talent wasnt all that drastically better than what he had in CLeveland during his time. Like Kizer would make the same mistakes like you mentioned but yet Hue would keep going back to that play. IF the play showed over time that its not working, why keep running.

I dont think its a great thing that the offense has no real flow or Identity to it either. I think Kizer can be a lot better than what was shown this year if he has better coaching. No reason for a rookie like Kizer should of thrown the ball this much.  

Archived