Case Keenum will sign with broncos

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

If I'm Denver, I'm calling Buffalo and holding the 5th spot for some kings ransom

I think the Keenum signing is a tell that the Broncos are planning to draft a QB themselves at 5.

Keenum is just the bridge QB to keep the team afloat while the shiny new rookie gets up to speed.

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I think the Keenum signing is a tell that the Broncos are planning to draft a QB themselves at 5.

Keenum is just the bridge QB to keep the team afloat while the shiny new rookie gets up to speed.

Yeah, I don't think that keenum keeps them out of the quarterback market, nor should it.

20 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This doesnt make much sense for Denver IMO.    Sam Bradford wouldve made more sense IMO....although they are probably worried about his health issues.    Still, I dont think Keenum will do much for Denver.     I think Keenum is kind of like Ryan Fitzpatrick.....can give you some good streaks and at times, make you think he is a capable starter, but once you commit to him, he proves he really isnt much more than a backup.    

Hopefully, the Broncos still draft someone.   The Paxton Lynch experiment should be over.

Yeah I’m not sure why there isn’t more “reported” interest in Bradford.  He’s a pure passer and basically the fragile version of Cousins.  If you get lucky and he stays healthy it’d be great value considering some of these huge deals.  Granted he could’ve blown a meniscus walking down the stairs as I typed this.

20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

i could see Denver staying away from QB in the draft this year on day 1-2, and putting other pieces in place instead (like Oline)

Makes sense.

I personally think the Broncos draft Nelson with the 5th overall. Nelson + Bolles + Leary will be a great offensive line and improve a bottom 10 unit (PFF) immensely. This will also allow them to snag a RB in a loaded class with their 2nd round pick and put it all together with a solid defense and division that's wide open.

Nelson makes WAY too much sense at #5, especially after this signing. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think that keenum keeps them out of the quarterback market, nor should it.

Hopefully for them there is Saquon Barkley ! I mean the Browns take a QB, then the Giants take a QB, then the Colts trade with a team willing to take a QB (Jets could. Bills now could too with #12 + #22 = 1980 points, #3 = 2200, #4 = 1800. Without Barkley the Browns would for sure trade for a team wanting a QB and no QB left for the Broncos at 5. Hopefully there is Barkley and a QB will be there. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Yes, that plan would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn't want to commit to Keenum as my QBOTF, but he is more than good enough to be a bridge QB for a couple years until a rookie gets up to speed.

This news of Keenum going to Denver is giving me mixed emotions.  I'm happy that the Vikings won't be committing the next few years to him, but I'm also afraid that means they will probably end up with Cousins.  At this point, I'm hoping the Jets break the bank for Cousins and we end up sticking with Teddy (and also finding a way to draft Lamar Jackson).

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This news of Keenum going to Denver is giving me mixed emotions.  I'm happy that the Vikings won't be committing the next few years to him, but I'm also afraid that means they will probably end up with Cousins.  At this point, I'm hoping the Jets break the bank for Cousins and we end up sticking with Teddy (and also finding a way to draft Lamar Jackson).

Cousins is good but he did pad his stats . He gets nervous in big games and makes bonehead throws . He does take advantages of bad defenses , and done okay against good defenses . But sometimes you never know which Cousins you'll get .

Thats what I hated about him in Washington , flat out 5 bad games than 7 good games than 3 bad games.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Cousins is good but he did pad his stats . He gets nervous in big games and makes bonehead throws . He does take advantages of bad defenses , and done okay against good defenses . But sometimes you never know which Cousins you'll get .

Thats what I hated about him in Washington , flat out 5 bad games than 7 good games than 3 bad games.

Yep.  The Vikings have been down that road FAR too many times, namely, having a QB who can get you to the big show but can't get the job done when he gets there.  We need a guy who can actually win it all - especially if we are going to commit that kind of money to him. 

Archived