Peezy Mock 2.0 Post Combine

JPeezy55

Round 1

Rashaan Evans [ILB/Alabama]

The closer we get to the draft the more Evans and Harrison are separating themselves to me as my two favorite guys. Honestly think we may have to trade up 6-7 spots to safely grab him. But for the sake of this mock, he falls to 28.

Round 2

DeShon Elliott [S/Texas]

Think this gives you great versatility at the Safety position, allows you to safely rock and roll your safeties from down in the box to CF type with Davis and Elliott, both athletic rangy type safeties.

Round 3

Tim Settle [NT/Virginia Tech]

Didn't have a particularly good combine combined with the classic NT slip. Think this is good value for the Steelers here to ****** him up and rotate with Hargrave. Many will say its too early for a NT, and understandable. But I don't love the Edge class and not sure when we'll double dip on a position. I could also see this being where offense goes off the board (WR or RB)

Round 5A

Durham Smythe [TE/Notre Dame]

Round 5B

Javon Rolland-Jones [Edge/Arkansas State]

Round 7A

Skai Moore [LB/South Carolina]

Round 7B

Ito Smith [RB/Returner/Southern Miss]

I can get on board with that.   I like the first 2 picks alot.   3rd I like the position, but dont know much about the player. 

I know this will sound petty, but I dont like the TE pick.      Its end of round 5, so you have to go with BPA for the most part, so I get it....but we already have enough mid-ranged TE talent on the team, and this would just be adding, at best, another depth player, which isnt what we need at TE IMO unless we cut Vance, which I dont see.

We need depth at alot of positions, so Id rather a 5th at a position it might be more beneficial to, like OLB or S.    If it were up to me, the only safety I would retain going into 2018 is Sean Davis, and the only reason Id retain that bum is because he is only going into his 3rd year and he COULD improve with the new secondary coach (even though nothing about Davis impresses me at all and I think he will remain a bust).  

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I can get on board with that.   I like the first 2 picks alot.   3rd I like the position, but dont know much about the player. 

I know this will sound petty, but I dont like the TE pick.      Its end of round 5, so you have to go with BPA for the most part, so I get it....but we already have enough mid-ranged TE talent on the team, and this would just be adding, at best, another depth player, which isnt what we need at TE IMO unless we cut Vance, which I dont see.

We need depth at alot of positions, so Id rather a 5th at a position it might be more beneficial to, like OLB or S.    If it were up to me, the only safety I would retain going into 2018 is Sean Davis, and the only reason Id retain that bum is because he is only going into his 3rd year and he COULD improve with the new secondary coach (even though nothing about Davis impresses me at all and I think he will remain a bust).  

I probably could've went WR with the 5th rounder, I Was just looking offense. Didn't think there was any way they go Defense 4 consecutive picks to start the draft. But I see what you're saying as well 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I don't think Settle makes it past the 2nd round, and if he does he's going early in the third.  The first two picks are what I've been wanting for a while now.

I used Andrew Billings as my basis for that pick honestly 

Archived