Allen Robinson to Sign With Bears

goldfishwars

I always remember this study coming out after APs injury years back and how rare it was for him to return to form in such great fashion. 

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

Doctors at Northwestern University analyzed orthopedic injuries suffered by 559 NFL athletes, and found the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear to be one of the most career-damaging. Those who underwent ACL surgeries needed 378 days to recover, on average, and their careers wound up shorter than those of players recovering from other orthopedic injuries, according to results being printed Thursday in the American Journal of Sports Medicine.

The Northwestern research is sobering for pro athletes hoping for AP-like returns from ACL injuries, but on the bright side it showed that 80 percent return to play. Most get to 80 percent of their pre-injury performance levels, Mai said. “You won’t get back to full strength, but you’ll get close.”

I'm sorry but Robinson IS NOT AP and is a mid-tier WR who needs all the "strengths" he can get to take the Bears WR core to the next level and I have a hard time believing that, that will ever happen given his history. 

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I always remember this study coming out after APs injury years back and how rare it was for him to return to form in such great fashion. 

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

Doctors at Northwestern University analyzed orthopedic injuries suffered by 559 NFL athletes, and found the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear to be one of the most career-damaging. Those who underwent ACL surgeries needed 378 days to recover, on average, and their careers wound up shorter than those of players recovering from other orthopedic injuries, according to results being printed Thursday in the American Journal of Sports Medicine.

The Northwestern research is sobering for pro athletes hoping for AP-like returns from ACL injuries, but on the bright side it showed that 80 percent return to play. Most get to 80 percent of their pre-injury performance levels, Mai said. “You won’t get back to full strength, but you’ll get close.”

I'm sorry but Robinson IS NOT AP and is a mid-tier WR who needs all the "strengths" he can get to take the Bears WR core to the next level and I have a hard time believing that, that will ever happen given his history. 

I don't see Robinson getting the bears 1000 yards . He probably gets them just 780-800, like you said he's a midter wideout that stuck out as an elite cause of that 1400 yard season.

Im glad the redskins don't have to sign him . I'm just waiting for Gabriel and Richardson to be picked up to so my team doesn't spebf a lot.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Que? You do realize how Trubisky was playing at the end of the year right?

What am I supposed to be impressed by?

Right now, Trubisky isn’t better than Bortles. Clearly A-Rob is going after the money and I don’t blame him. 

No offense but I still see A-Rob being stuck on another losing team. 

I hope Bears fans don’t boo:

“When you hear the atmosphere of when we step out on the field, when we go to punt or before halftime when Blake takes a knee and you hear the booing, it’s kind of funny to me,” Robinson said. “It’s funny that we get our best home-field advantage when we go to Wembley [Stadium].

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I hope Bears fans don’t boo:

“When you hear the atmosphere of when we step out on the field, when we go to punt or before halftime when Blake takes a knee and you hear the booing, it’s kind of funny to me,” Robinson said. “It’s funny that we get our best home-field advantage when we go to Wembley [Stadium].

I Khan dig it......

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What am I supposed to be impressed by?

Right now, Trubisky isn’t better than Bortles. Clearly A-Rob is going after the money and I don’t blame him. 

No offense but I still see A-Rob being stuck on another losing team. 

You can't say that he isn't either though. Trubisky had no chance last season to succeed. Both the staff and his targets were terrible. Nobody can really know what to expect. This next year is basically his rookie year. 

Archived