Allen Robinson to Sign With Bears

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I did not say that I did NOT like this move. Just that I am very weary of it. Trubisky needs all the help that he can get, I applaud that part. What I am afraid of is his questionable hands and inability to stay healthy after coming off a severe injury. We already have two WR's that remain questionable heading into the season with Meradith and White. We don't need another that we cannot count on.

An ACL  doesn't necessarily qualify as not being able to stay healthy. Answer his questionable hands he was the best wide receiver on that Jacksonville Jaguars team even the best wide receivers in the league dropped passes at times and I'm not making excuses for Allen Robinson but he is still very young with room to improve there is nothing negative about this move for the bears

Good move by the Bears.

They probably overpaid, but they needed to do whatever they could to get Mitch some better targets.   I have no doubt that Robinson will be an asset to that team, and with Merideth returning, on top of the talent they have at RB, there will be alot more talent to work with on offense.

Plus, anything that takes talented WRs the Ravens could potentially sign off the market is a good thing.   B|

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

And we couldn't do this?

I'm not too upset. If we didn't want to do tag $ at 16 then I'm not sure why we'd want to commit 14M per over 3 yrs.

Best of luck to him in Chicago. 

42 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Salty division rival, nothing to see here, move along folks

Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying but he is no better than 6th in the division

In no particular order- Davante Adams, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones Jr, Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are all better than Allen Robinson. I don't know how that is any sort of debate?

42 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Salty division rival, nothing to see here, move along folks

I didn't say anything negative about him. I just said he just won't be the best. 

But with Robinson being a Bear and Nittany Lion and myself being a Pitt Panther and Vikings fan certainly doesn't help. ;)

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

How can you not like this move? Top WR on the market for the most WR starved team in the NFL.  Yeah he has the ACL but everybody comes back from ACL tears just fine nowadays and hes barely older than Calvin Ridley.

The bears had Watkins as their #1 target.  I am trying to understand why.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I always remember this study coming out after APs injury years back and how rare it was for him to return to form in such great fashion. 

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

Doctors at Northwestern University analyzed orthopedic injuries suffered by 559 NFL athletes, and found the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear to be one of the most career-damaging. Those who underwent ACL surgeries needed 378 days to recover, on average, and their careers wound up shorter than those of players recovering from other orthopedic injuries, according to results being printed Thursday in the American Journal of Sports Medicine.

The Northwestern research is sobering for pro athletes hoping for AP-like returns from ACL injuries, but on the bright side it showed that 80 percent return to play. Most get to 80 percent of their pre-injury performance levels, Mai said. “You won’t get back to full strength, but you’ll get close.”

I'm sorry but Robinson IS NOT AP and is a mid-tier WR who needs all the "strengths" he can get to take the Bears WR core to the next level and I have a hard time believing that, that will ever happen given his history. 

someone else brought this study up and it was a bunch of crap. it was look, that guy had an acl repar, he counts without taking anything further into account. In really isnt relevant in the least today.

Archived