Allen Robinson to Sign With Bears

goldfishwars

6 minutes ago, valkrei said:

The bears had Watkins as their #1 target.  I am trying to understand why.

We dont really know that Watkins was #1.  We know that Biggs put out a report saying it last night but there have been a lot more reports (including 1 from the same publication) that Robinson was the top target.  We'll probably never know for sure.  But if you want to know why the Bears liked Watkins here, look no further than where he signed.

Love the move,  hopefully we can add one more WR in FA and one in the draft. 

Also like that he is signed through year 4 of Mitchell's rookie deal,  so if they need to extend him they can load up his first year of the extension to make it mow call friendly long term.  That would be the same year as Trubisky's 5th year option, before his contract makes a massive jump.  

6 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

From Bortles to Trubisky. Yikes.

Good luck to him. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Sour grapes much?

Trubisky isn't anywhere near being a franchise NFL QB just yet but how can you make the determination that he's worse than Bortles after playing only a handful of games as a rookie with a receiving corps worse than a CFL team?

8 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

I dig it; as with Mahomes and Watkins, give Mr. Biscuit a big weapon. Guessing they still go after another WR or 2 in draft/FA

Both made great moves IMO. It will be interesting to see how Watkins fits in the KC office. A lot of us in the Bears subforum want Watkins to fill Hill's role as the deep threat. 

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying but he is no better than 6th in the division

In no particular order- Davante Adams, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones Jr, Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are all better than Allen Robinson. I don't know how that is any sort of debate?

Lol please...Golden Tate and Adam Thielen are not better than Allen Robinson.  The others you have a good argument but just no.

I remember when the Eagles resigned Jeffrey, a few posters told me theres no way Robinson would get close to 13 million a year. 

But now it looks like hell be gettin 14 lol. 

So glad we signed Jeffrey when we did. Hell be the 15th or so highest paid WR by the end of FA.

But still a great get for Chicago. I hope they go and get another veteran WR, similar to what we did last offseason in revamping our offense.

36 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Lol please...Golden Tate and Adam Thielen are not better than Allen Robinson.  The others you have a good argument but just no.

Golden Tate has led the league in YAC for years now and Thielen has put together 2 really good back to back years after going undrafted where Robinson had a great year and a horrible year. Id take Tate or Thielen over Robinson and its not even close imo

2 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying but he is no better than 6th in the division

In no particular order- Davante Adams, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones Jr, Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are all better than Allen Robinson. I don't know how that is any sort of debate?

There isn't a GM in the league that would take Tate, Jones, or Thielen over Allen Robinson. Diggs is better than AR15 and Adams is a push at best. This is just nonsense.

Archived