Allen Robinson agrees to sign with Bears

pigsooie5

Great start if true.  3/42 is a lot less than I expected him to get, so the "value" signing, a hallmark of pace in FA, is a bit unexpected but welcome. Lots of cap space remaining and not an overcommittment in years. 

I really hope that we also sign starter caliber at: CB, G/C, OLB during the first day or two.

Getting Robinson is a major add...some will prefer Watkins for his explosiveness but Robinson is a do it all true #1 who not only will make plays himself but also open up the offence for others...him on the outside alone makes Jordan Howard's job much easier...health was a concern with both the top guys but considering how early Robinson went down last season he should be easily good to go for this offseason...love the contract as well...

Now for another receiver like Wilson and some DL help.

I was kind of on the Watkins bandwagon but would always have been happy with either, getting Robinson for $2mil per year less than what Watkins is getting from KC though makes me happy.

Excited to see him and Meredith on the field together next season. Get me another WR in FA or in the Draft now and I'm happy.

This is a huge move for the Bears for multiple reasons,

1. It appears they are a destination again for free agents landing the #1 WR.
2. It shows us last seasons FA period was a blip, not that Robinson may not flame out, but at least we were not being rejected.
3. It gives the Bears a potential #1 WR that they were not going to find in the draft.
4. It gives immediate help to Trubisky and does not require development time
5. It puts everyone in a spot they can be successful, Meredith as the #2 is better for him than the #1 spot. If they sign Wilson or draft a slot they will not be forced outside.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade (honestly, I want to borrow some optimism!):

Nobody is worried that our top two WRs are coming off torn ACLs and our WR3 right now can't play in the NFL without breaking a bone?

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Man I hope he's healthy. 

Me too, but if he is look out. I don’t think Pace makes this move with these guarantees if he’s not reasonably certain he’ll be good to go. If you follow his social media he’s already running and jumping though. He’s 6 mo. removed from surgery already. 

With us missing out on Wilson I see us bringing in a FA on a 1-year guarantee and drafting a guy to eventually replace him. If that were Kendall Wright and any of Washington, Kirk, DJ Moore or Cain I wouldn’t be in the least bit upset. 

Archived