Jaguars sign All-Pro OG Andrew Norwell, 5 yrs 66.5M, 30M gtd

.Buzz

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So what’s the downside of this guy? Why should we be concerned about this? I love reading all-pro OL to the Jaguars but trying to stay reserved

I really don't think there's much if anything.

This guy was seen as a guy that shouldn't be hitting the market due to talent. Most guys of this magnitude should be getting locked up. I can't believe we were able to get this done. 

I'm giddy.

Wasn’t expecting that but we know that they are committed to getting Fournette some room next season. Hopefully Fournette is taking care of his body and eating healthy this off season. Because I think that was another reason his production tailed off the 2nd half of last season plus Grant needs more touches next year he deserves to be the guy behind him next season. 

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Paying a guard 13.3 million but yet we can't give arob 14

One is coming off an ACL and plays a position that isn't highly valued in a ground and pound system and the other was an all pro this past season and will play a vital role in the biggest aspect of our running game while helping our QB out exponentially.

This isn't hard.

I'm upset about ARob too, but as far as the logistics of it I don't understand how you are struggling with why they paid who they paid.

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Paying a guard 13.3 million but yet we can't give arob 14

I don’t know how to break this down to you ARob played the whole 16 no playoffs.. and he missed the whole 17 and they made the playoffs. In what logically sense does it make to pay ARob 16? As a team you have to say we understand your market value.. but you have to understand where we came from to where we are trying to go. You can come back and play for 10-13 mill a yr or you can ultimately make your full potential earrings but this is what we are prepared to pay.. You don’t reach on a commodity that you can win without at this point ARob was a luxury. This team sent a message by saying we believe if we hone in the strength of our team and improve those areas it’ll make the difference. If they sat on the cap money than i’d be pissed but it’s money well spent for a need. 13 for a potential all pro G is the going rate it is what it is. As you can see the money is being spent on both sides of the ball in a way I say football should be played with physicality. The interior offensive and defensive lines. We just got a lot nastier upfront.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

One is coming off an ACL and plays a position that isn't highly valued in a ground and pound system and the other was an all pro this past season and will play a vital role in the biggest aspect of our running game while helping our QB out exponentially.

This isn't hard.

I'm upset about ARob too, but as far as the logistics of it I don't understand how you are struggling with why they paid who they paid.

You don't pay guards left tackle money

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

You don't pay guards left tackle money

What did Kevin Zeitler just get on the market last year who is worse? Add in the fact the cap is rising...

You pay an all pro OG who hits the open market like this. Osemele is making almost 12 who hit the market a couple years ago. 

Archived