Jaguars sign All-Pro OG Andrew Norwell, 5 yrs 66.5M, 30M gtd

.Buzz

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What did Kevin Zeitler just get on the market last year who is worse? Add in the fact the cap is rising...

You pay an all pro OG who hits the open market like this. Osemele is making almost 12 who hit the market a couple years ago. 

zietler was actually higher graded by when he hit FA/ Maybe im just old fashioned but i dont spend more then like 9 on guards.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

zietler was actually higher graded by when he hit FA/ Maybe im just old fashioned but i dont spend more then like 9 on guards.

Zeitler was an all pro?

Well the NFL does. Deservedly so.

I certainly don't mind get Norwell. He should fit really nicely here and really help solidify that interior line in a big way. 

But ooooof that's a ton of money for a guard. In a year that the draft looks REALLY strong in top quality interior offensive linemen. 

Meanwhile...the idea of run run run is great, but we are still going to need quality targets for Blake to throw to...occasionally. In a year where the top end of WRs in the draft seems...less impressive. 

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I certainly don't mind get Norwell. He should fit really nicely here and really help solidify that interior line in a big way. 

But ooooof that's a ton of money for a guard. In a year that the draft looks REALLY strong in top quality interior offensive linemen. 

Meanwhile...the idea of run run run is great, but we are still going to need quality targets for Blake to throw to...occasionally. In a year where the top end of WRs in the draft seems...less impressive. 

sutton, moore, Clark, st. brown. 

i dont think i want ridley based off his age and weak sparq. 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

sutton, moore, Clark, st. brown. 

i dont think i want ridley based off his age and weak sparq. 

Chark is just a martavis bryant. St brown is just a tall guy who plays small. They're not top target types imo. It's a fine looking WR draft in terms of depth of sorta day 2 guys with #2 or role player type upside. But meh. None too inspiring when you really need a #1 target. 

Landing Sutton would be great. But will he be there? A lot to hedge on basically one guy being available. 

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Chark is just a martavis bryant. St brown is just a tall guy who plays small. They're not top target types imo. It's a fine looking WR draft in terms of depth of sorta day 2 guys with #2 or role player type upside. But meh. None too inspiring when you really need a #1 target. 

Landing Sutton would be great. But will he be there? A lot to hedge on basically one guy being available. 

that fa list is worse. 

I want to go on record by saying I trust none of the wideouts in this draft to pan out as elite. Hopefully we can find a guy like Diggs that we can build up to a solid guy but as far as out the box 60 rec 800 yards I don’t even see a rookie that can give you that type of production. Davis from last yr is light yrs better than anyone this yr and you saw his production last yr terrible.

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

that fa list is worse. 

They're both about the same to me. A lot of similar types. Collections of niche players, potentially serviceable #2/3 guys.

The sort of guys where we already have plenty of depth with Dede/Cole/Hurns. 

Seems like the plan is just gonna be to get the passing game done "by committee". Which seems flawed to me. In a passing game that wasn't very good with that model last year. But whatever, seems almost certain that's about what we're getting...might as well get used to it and start preparing the excuses or something. 

51 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

signing a guard for that much that will very well likely keep us from resigning Jack, Ramsey, ngakoue to extensions next year. 

How do you figure? Because this definitely isn't true.

Archived