Jaguars sign All-Pro OG Andrew Norwell, 5 yrs 66.5M, 30M gtd

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

They claimed not to tag arob for 16 million cuz extensions upcoming. U then spend 13 for a guy.  U ain't getting any of those guys extensions with 3 million rollover.

That doesn't mean they don't have room.

This is why I didn't want to be chicken little when the team didn't bring arob back.  Obviously disappointed in that,  but as I mentioned, it's clear this is who we want to be. Quite frankly,  we tried to be this offensively last season and despite the stats,  we weren't that.  At all. Norwell is a big big upgrade over Pat.

I never thought he was a target given his contract demands.  But if anything this shows the team isn't messing around and is not just going to let this window close.  

Zietler was never going to get what they gave Norwell. The Jags were interested in Zietler last yr and wasn’t willing to come up off the cash when the numbers came out that should let you know what they think of this kids potential going foward... Norwell is young and an all pro.. playing next to Linder should raise Linder’s play next season.

Oline still at play in round 1 to sure up the line because a lot of people think this will be Parnells last season with the Jags. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

What did Kevin Zeitler just get on the market last year who is worse? Add in the fact the cap is rising...

You pay an all pro OG who hits the open market like this. Osemele is making almost 12 who hit the market a couple years ago. 

Zeitler got 12 milion last year. At 13 milion, the percentage of the cap hit on an AAV / time of signing basis was pretty close to one another (a little over 7% for each). At 13.25, Norwell may be climbing closer to 8%, but it's a pretty nominal increase overall. This is a very standard raise against the top of the market against just last year. Not an overpay market wise or anything. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Zeitler got 12 milion last year. At 13 milion, the percentage of the cap hit on an AAV / time of signing basis was pretty close to one another (a little over 7% for each). At 13.25, Norwell may be climbing closer to 8%, but it's a pretty nominal increase overall. This is a very standard raise against the top of the market against just last year. Not an overpay market wise or anything. 

Oh I know. Was more so just saying this isn't an overpay by comparing to another top guard a year ago (who I think is worse).

I'm so stoked about this move.

Archived