Jaguars sign All-Pro OG Andrew Norwell, 5 yrs 66.5M, 30M gtd

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He is going to help Cam out a lot.

Lenny gonna have a big year boys.

Agreed.

What a massive get this was. I'm so excited. Makes the draft a little more exciting I feel like too. Feels like this lessens our chances at an OG in round 1.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed.

What a massive get this was. I'm so excited. Makes the draft a little more exciting I feel like too. Feels like this lessens our chances at an OG in round 1.

Even with Norwell, Moncrief and getting Lee back, I feel like every position on offense except RB is in play at 29.

Rudolph/Lamar

Sutton/Moore

Gesicki/Goedert/Hurst

Hernandez/Wynn/McGlinchey/Connor Williams/Price?

Fairly confident one of them will be a Jaguar if we stay at 29.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Even with Norwell, Moncrief and getting Lee back, I feel like every position on offense except RB is in play at 29.

Rudolph/Lamar

Sutton/Moore

Gesicki/Goedert/Hurst

Hernandez/Wynn/McGlinchey/Connor Williams/Price?

Fairly confident one of them will be a Jaguar if we stay at 29.

Agreed.

I honestly feel decent about the WR spot now. Moncrief gives me a lot more hope due to upside. He showed a lot. I'm not a huge fan, but a 1 yr deal AND he fills a massive hole that we had last year at WR spot. Makes the loss of ARob not feel as bad.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Smart decision by Norwell.  Not only is he coming to a place where he knows he's gonna get to really tee off on guys in the run game ~50% of the time...but he's also coming to a line with some other pretty good pieces around him.  As opposed to the Giants line which was absolutely putrid...and appears to be losing two of the better players out of the group.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed.

I honestly feel decent about the WR spot now. Moncrief gives me a lot more hope due to upside. He showed a lot. I'm not a huge fan, but a 1 yr deal AND he fills a massive hole that we had last year at WR spot. Makes the loss of ARob not feel as bad.

ARob and Moncrief are such completely different players who excel in very different areas though.  Other than size...it's just very different types.  Does nothing for me in the loss of ARob specifically.

Norwell is such a perfect fit. Mah gawd. Look at how dominant he can be on those guard pulls. You know what runs Leonard had his most dominant runs?

Hitting a gap with a pulling guard!

Maybe...just maybe, we see this team run behind Parnell (can be a mauler in the run game himself) more now that we can pull Norwell to his side.

Man I want Lamar and to a lesser extent Gesicki, but can you imagine Hernandez and Parnell on the right side with a pulling Norwell?

I mean, if there's ever a prompt for stadium chant  deserving of "MOVE! GET OUT OF THE WAY! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

It's that...

25 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Norwell is such a perfect fit. Mah gawd. Look at how dominant he can be on those guard pulls. You know what runs Leonard had his most dominant runs?

Hitting a gap with a pulling guard!

Maybe...just maybe, we see this team run behind Parnell (can be a mauler in the run game himself) more now that we can pull Norwell to his side.

Man I want Lamar and to a lesser extent Gesicki, but can you imagine Hernandez and Parnell on the right side with a pulling Norwell?

I mean, if there's ever a prompt for stadium chant  deserving of "MOVE! GET OUT OF THE WAY! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

It's that...

Hernandez is a LG.

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

cann was a LG coming out and has struggled a bit at RG so im not sure its that easy to just flip sides. 

It's a mirror technique so you have to flip everything you do. Hernandez isn't a great tactician anyway (at least not yet). Cann being bad isn't due to switching sides. When Boselli dismisses it despite how very pro OL (and jags OL) he is, you know it's not an issue.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Smart decision by Norwell.  Not only is he coming to a place where he knows he's gonna get to really tee off on guys in the run game ~50% of the time...but he's also coming to a line with some other pretty good pieces around him.  As opposed to the Giants line which was absolutely putrid...and appears to be losing two of the better players out of the group.

ARob and Moncrief are such completely different players who excel in very different areas though.  Other than size...it's just very different types.  Does nothing for me in the loss of ARob specifically.

He has shown the ability to make adjustments to poor throws and high point a ball. Wasn't a very common thing for us last year at WR.

Archived