Broncos Sign QB Case Keenum

elliot878

4 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Still two more left - and if Rosen is off the board we get the advantage of that draft ammunition

Sure but they may be fine with any of the top 4 rookies.   Just saying they aren’t great fits to trade Keenum if we got a QB at 1.5 they will likely have a rookie if their own that they love.  

Just now, thebestever6 said:

What could we honestly get? Got a better shot of foles being traded.

Foles very well could be traded. It's not inconceivable that a team that misses out on a QB in the draft may have legitimate interest in Keenum at a reduced $ number.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don’t actually think the diff is 10-15M.   The issue is if signing Keenum makes Elway lock in no matter who is there at 1.5.   If it was just $ I could live with it.    That’s why knowing the #’s helps. 

If we get Rosen / Darnold at 1.5 and Elway eats the $ I’ll still be really happy.   If Elway passes on either because we have Keenum I’ll be out for blood. 

You mean eat the money this year? Like you would want Keenum to get cut if they draft those guys? Or eat the money next year 

I agree about being pissed if he passes on one of those two come draft day. Which I would guess no way they are in position to do so

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don’t actually think the diff is 10-15M.   The issue is if signing Keenum makes Elway lock in no matter who is there at 1.5.   If it was just $ I could live with it.    That’s why knowing the #’s helps. 

If we get Rosen / Darnold at 1.5 and Elway eats the $ I’ll still be really happy.   If Elway passes on either because we have Keenum I’ll be out for blood. 

Just about guarantee you he'll pass on both. I firmly believe if Nelsons there he's our choice.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

You mean eat the money this year? Like you would want Keenum to get cut if they draft those guys? Or eat the money next year 

I agree about being pissed if he passes on one of those two come draft day. Which I would guess no way they are in position to do so

Eat next year’s money.  Happily if we have our guy.   But he should never be the reason to pass if Rosen/Darnold are there IMO.  

Realize though that for some Mayfield/Allen belong on that list.   If that’s the case the chances they are p*ssed on draft night is literally 100 percent lol.  

Edited by Broncofan

Getting Keenum is obviously not ideal, we clearly aren't a championship contender now that we've made this move. However, I don't think there was really any move we could have made this off season (other than making a huge trade or signing Brees) that would have put us back in contention this year. Getting Keenum basically signals what we all should have already known, that we are not a hot destination at this point and that this is going to be a process. I would have preferred Cousins like many, but its become pretty obvious that there was never any chance he was going to sign here and honestly that fully guaranteed 3 year contract he got doesn't seem like a smart move to me. While I believe that Keenum is just average and it's unlikely that his addition will do much to elevate our offense, I do think there is some slight room for optimism. After his breakout year last year (I realize that situation he was in, and that it's unlikely) it is possible that something has clicked and he is just beginning to reach his prime/potential. I think all of us would gladly welcome a repeat of his stat line from last year if he can replicate his production, he very well may not, but I don't think the situation is as dire as some seem to believe. The key here is we still have to draft a QB and that QB better be franchise material or else we are  screwed.

Edited by SenorClean2k0

5 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Foles very well could be traded. It's not inconceivable that a team that misses out on a QB in the draft may have legitimate interest in Keenum at a reduced $ number.

I'd love to get Rosen at 5 than trade Keenum for a pick to select hernandez thats a pipe dream .

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Just about guarantee you he'll pass on both. I firmly believe if Nelsons there he's our choice.

That’s my issue.   Nothing against Nelson if Darnold/Rosen are gone he’s my choice too.  But if we pass on those 2 I believe we will regret it.    And I think Nelson is a lock safe Pro Bowl G talent.   

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That’s my issue.   Nothing against Nelson if Darnold/Rosen are gone he’s my choice too.  But if we pass on those 2 I believe we will regret it.    And I think Nelson is a lock safe Pro Bowl G talent.   

I don't think that's a risk I'd be willing to take.