valkrei

KC FA tracker

Decided to have an AFC west for non KC stuff and  KC gets its own thread.

Per Ian Rapoport, per rotoworld NFL

KC signs former cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens.  No additional information available.  I don't know this guy.  Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

The #Chiefs are now adding a big weapon on defense: They plan to sign former #Cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens to a deal worth $9M per year, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.   From Ian.

Edited by valkrei

Is he worth that much money? I mean that's Top 5 money for ILB. 

I guess we won't get any big DT Free Agent. Man, i hope we will find a good solution to get pressure on the opposing QB, otherwise that would worry me a lot.

He is a tackling machine and good in coverage.  Last year some RB's just destroyed our D.  

I'm reading that he is super versatile as well. That is a good thing in a hybrid defense.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Is he worth that much money? I mean that's Top 5 money for ILB. 

I guess we won't get any big DT Free Agent. Man, i hope we will find a good solution to get pressure on the opposing QB, otherwise that would worry me a lot.

Sutton doesn't like to use big men/DT's. He likes a lightweight defense with DB's that get pushed all over the field.

1 minute ago, valkrei said:

Terrance Mitchel to the browns.

Is he any good? He had four INTs last year but I know that doesn't mean he's necessarily good.

He is a good player.  He was surrounded by aging and faltering talent though. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Is he any good? He had four INTs last year but I know that doesn't mean he's necessarily good.

He's a scrapper, he's gonna win some he's gonna lose some but he's always fighting. Hes probably not an ideal full time starter but I think he's a good get for the Browns. Sad to see him go.

I would have loved to bring Mitchell back as a depth corner, but not for that price. Probably half of that would have been ok for me.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

He's okay. He's too inconsistent to be a good starter. He's a dominate 10 snaps then blow the next 2 kind of corner. Good depth player, good attitude. Just shouldn't be relied on for more. Though the potential is still there for more.

For reference, he was the starter that drove us to go for Revis.

"Using rudimentary math, I think the Chiefs still have anywhere from $16M to $11M to play with this offseason. That’s enough for a backup QB and starting DL"

2 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

"Using rudimentary math, I think the Chiefs still have anywhere from $16M to $11M to play with this offseason. That’s enough for a backup QB and starting DL"

Or CB

1 minute ago, valkrei said:

Or CB

EJ Gaines or in a pipe dream, Honey Badger