KC FA tracker

valkrei

I dunno what the others think about this, but i don't have the feeling i had when JC signed with the Broncos. DJ wanted to stay and offered to take a paycut here, but we simply wanted to go younger, so although it will be pretty hard to see him in the wrong colours, i can't blame him for just getting a new job, as long as he doesn't had similar offers on the table from other teams. I hope he nets a compensatory pick in, but we'll see. On the field he's still decent. Not someone i would like to rely on as a full time starter throughout a season, since i don't think he has the juice left to perform at a starter level an entire season, but occasionally i think u can send him on the field and get decent performances out of him. Whenever he retires i still hope he rejoins us to become a coach under Reid.

11 minutes ago, Edge said:

I dunno what the others think about this, but i don't have the feeling i had when JC signed with the Broncos. DJ wanted to stay and offered to take a paycut here, but we simply wanted to go younger, so although it will be pretty hard to see him in the wrong colours, i can't blame him for just getting a new job, as long as he doesn't had similar offers on the table from other teams. I hope he nets a compensatory pick in, but we'll see. On the field he's still decent. Not someone i would like to rely on as a full time starter throughout a season, since i don't think he has the juice left to perform at a starter level an entire season, but occasionally i think u can send him on the field and get decent performances out of him. Whenever he retires i still hope he rejoins us to become a coach under Reid.

It looks as though he is still very solid in coverage (something we have had issues with in the past). I agree I don't think he is a full-blown every down LBer anymore given his age and injury history. But there is no denying his leadership and experience. We needed a player like him to be the leader of our unproven young guys.

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It looks as though he is still very solid in coverage (something we have had issues with in the past). I agree I don't think he is a full-blown every down LBer anymore given his age and injury history. But there is no denying his leadership and experience. We needed a player like him to be the leader of our unproven young guys.

He lost a step last year. As long as he doesn't lose another one, i think he will be valuable in coverage. But we'll see how this one turns out, since i do think there is a risk that he just falls apart like Tamba did last season.

Good, that we will not only change our offense, but due to new personal also the defense. Maybe u should ask your GM to spy the household of his son to get the playbook, but tell him as well, that he needs to call his son. The NFL might strip u of some picks for tampering. :D

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Your boy Derrick Johnson is a Raider.

I think he if healthy has a few years left in the tank.  Good signing by yall wish him well but not the raiduhs.

Archived