KC FA tracker

valkrei

I wouldn't mind Mathieu. I'd really rather add a S than a CB, personally. Mathieu would be fine as he could fill either. But I'm more content rolling with Fuller/Amerson/Nelson/a draft pick or cheap FA, with two really good safeties in Berry and a free agent, with Sorensen and Murray as depth, than having to go with Fuller/FA/Nelson/Amerson but relying on either Sorensen, Murray, or a rookie to play full-time at S. I also think there will be better value at S, in terms of money vs. price. They're generally cheaper and I feel there are more mid-tier type guys available there. Wouldn't mind Mathieu or Boston or Reid or Burnett. Could live with Vaccarro, or even getting Branch or Parker back at the right price. But that's a spot I'd really prefer a veteran. Even if it's a stop gap to a potential draft pick.

That or a NT. I'd love to have Poe back.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I wouldn't mind Mathieu. I'd really rather add a S than a CB, personally. Mathieu would be fine as he could fill either. But I'm more content rolling with Fuller/Amerson/Nelson/a draft pick or cheap FA, with two really good safeties in Berry and a free agent, with Sorensen and Murray as depth, than having to go with Fuller/FA/Nelson/Amerson but relying on either Sorensen, Murray, or a rookie to play full-time at S. I also think there will be better value at S, in terms of money vs. price. They're generally cheaper and I feel there are more mid-tier type guys available there. Wouldn't mind Mathieu or Boston or Reid or Burnett. Could live with Vaccarro, or even getting Branch or Parker back at the right price. But that's a spot I'd really prefer a veteran. Even if it's a stop gap to a potential draft pick.

That or a NT. I'd love to have Poe back.

I wonder what price Poe would demand and if he would want to come back.

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports free agent QB Chad Henne will visit the Chiefs on Thursday.

Henne will visit the Titans in the morning before heading to Kansas City, assuming, of course, he does not get a deal from Tennessee. The veteran backup has also been linked with the Dolphins.

50 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Overpaid I think.  What is the current deal we have with Bennie?

Logan and Poe last year both got 1 year $8M deals. And neither performed great, IMO. Not well enough to get a longer contract with a pay increase, at least. I hoped one of the two might come back for something more like what Allen Bailey got. $6.5Mish per.

Archived