Jump to content
valkrei

KC FA tracker

Recommended Posts

Just now, chiefs82 said:

EJ Gaines or in a pipe dream, Honey Badger

Tyran Mathieu from Az

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind Mathieu. I'd really rather add a S than a CB, personally. Mathieu would be fine as he could fill either. But I'm more content rolling with Fuller/Amerson/Nelson/a draft pick or cheap FA, with two really good safeties in Berry and a free agent, with Sorensen and Murray as depth, than having to go with Fuller/FA/Nelson/Amerson but relying on either Sorensen, Murray, or a rookie to play full-time at S. I also think there will be better value at S, in terms of money vs. price. They're generally cheaper and I feel there are more mid-tier type guys available there. Wouldn't mind Mathieu or Boston or Reid or Burnett. Could live with Vaccarro, or even getting Branch or Parker back at the right price. But that's a spot I'd really prefer a veteran. Even if it's a stop gap to a potential draft pick.

That or a NT. I'd love to have Poe back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I wouldn't mind Mathieu. I'd really rather add a S than a CB, personally. Mathieu would be fine as he could fill either. But I'm more content rolling with Fuller/Amerson/Nelson/a draft pick or cheap FA, with two really good safeties in Berry and a free agent, with Sorensen and Murray as depth, than having to go with Fuller/FA/Nelson/Amerson but relying on either Sorensen, Murray, or a rookie to play full-time at S. I also think there will be better value at S, in terms of money vs. price. They're generally cheaper and I feel there are more mid-tier type guys available there. Wouldn't mind Mathieu or Boston or Reid or Burnett. Could live with Vaccarro, or even getting Branch or Parker back at the right price. But that's a spot I'd really prefer a veteran. Even if it's a stop gap to a potential draft pick.

That or a NT. I'd love to have Poe back.

I wonder what price Poe would demand and if he would want to come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports free agent QB Chad Henne will visit the Chiefs on Thursday.

Henne will visit the Titans in the morning before heading to Kansas City, assuming, of course, he does not get a deal from Tennessee. The veteran backup has also been linked with the Dolphins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Poe to Panther for 3yrs

Supposedly about $10M per year. More than he got on the 1 year deal from Atlanta last year. Pricey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Supposedly about $10M per year. More than he got on the 1 year deal from Atlanta last year. Pricey.

Overpaid I think.  What is the current deal we have with Bennie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Overpaid I think.  What is the current deal we have with Bennie?

Had a 1 year 8 mil deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Overpaid I think.  What is the current deal we have with Bennie?

Logan and Poe last year both got 1 year $8M deals. And neither performed great, IMO. Not well enough to get a longer contract with a pay increase, at least. I hoped one of the two might come back for something more like what Allen Bailey got. $6.5Mish per.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder where we are with funds for FA and rookies not drafted yet.  We just signed Dustin so 2.5-3M gone from that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Poe's deal 3 yrs for 10 million and not 10 million a yr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kw_215 said:

Isn't Poe's deal 3 yrs for 10 million and not 10 million a yr?

No, it's 3 year $27mil per PFT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×