KC FA tracker

valkrei

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I get it. Not a big fan though.

I'm really hoping that we draft Kurt Benkert or Brandon Silvers to be the long term backup.

What round are they going ton drafted?  Best guess I mean.

2 hours ago, valkrei said:

What round are they going ton drafted?  Best guess I mean.

Based on a quick search, both are said to be late round picks. I wouldn't hate if we took Benkert as early as our late 3rd or Silvers in the 6th. I could see Silvers going undrafted though.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Based on a quick search, both are said to be late round picks. I wouldn't hate if we took Benkert as early as our late 3rd or Silvers in the 6th. I could see Silvers going undrafted though.

I don't want a qb in 3rd round, to many needs on the team

28 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It all depends on how the board falls. I don't want to reach for perceived need when we should go more BPA.

QB is always an exception when it comes to BPA.  And it should always be BPA combined with positional value to the team. That would mean spending our second highest pick on a player that you want to basically never see the field. If QB is BPA at any point in the first 4 or 5 rounds where we pick, trade down to a team that wants one.

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

QB is always an exception when it comes to BPA.  And it should always be BPA combined with positional value to the team. That would mean spending our second highest pick on a player that you want to basically never see the field. If QB is BPA at any point in the first 4 or 5 rounds where we pick, trade down to a team that wants one.

I did say late 3rd at the earliest. Since we got Washington's 3rd, then it'd be our 3rd overall pick. I agree with what you're saying though. But at the same time I would rather develop a Benkert than have another KeiVarae Russell or Phillip Gaines. Obviously it's a crap shoot to an extent but I'd rather get a better #2 QB than a #4 or later other position this year. Plus I really like Benkert and think he could bcomee better than some of the guys slated to go in the 1st/2nd.

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It all depends on how the board falls. I don't want to reach for perceived need when we should go more BPA.

I tend to say BPA with Need being considered.  I am ok with a slight reach if the need is there.  But yea I mean if you like a guy and its not a need but could be valuable, he is on your big board as a target and he drops a round and falls in your lap you have to consider him.

Archived