KC FA tracker

valkrei

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

You don't see why jump balls won't fix his hands? He's had 4 years to work on refining his game. It hasn't happened. He's still the exact same raw but talented player he was when we first acquired him. He just can't catch. He caught 3 passes from Mahomes. That's not enough to offset a 4 year body of underachieving work.

And you say just yet, but it's been 4 years. This isn't a guy still establishing himself. He is established. And Watson is not a long term replacement, no. But Watson as a temp #2 while we draft a potential future backup or even a UDFA or something, could be. Watson would be the immediate improvement. We'd find someone else for the future (since I doubt we'd resign Harris either way next year anyway.)

Woah, look bro I know Harris hasn't been good and he's got stone hands. That's why I've been scouting early round TEs. But hes also a former bball player learning to play TE on the fly in the NFL. Just going to depend on if that glimmer of hope with Mahomes is enough for Reid to keep him.

Watson could fall off a cliff next season he's close to Colquitts age. Him even as a temp replacement doesn't put my mind at ease either. I feel like I been burned to many times by these older player signings.

The options in the draft have potential, I'm kinda hoping we go all defense though. Unless a blue chip guy is there obviously

Still kicking the tires on WRs apparently. Always thought KW was underrated and would be a decent pick-up, at this rate, we gotta be going all defense in the draft the way FA is playing out.

Free agent WR Kendall Wright is visiting the Chiefs on Thursday.

Wright spent last season with the Bears, catching 59 passes for 614 yards and a touchdown. With Albert Wilson now in Miami, the Chiefs need an option in the slot, and Wright would be a good, low-cost way to fill the gap. Unfortunately, Wright would have a difficult time finding fantasy value behind Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, and Travis Kelce in the pecking order.

Quality depth. Might mean Ware is progressing a little slow

Chiefs will sign RB Damien Williams, formerly of the Dolphins.

Williams, 26, spent his first four NFL seasons in Miami after going undrafted out of Oklahoma, managing 3.6 career yards per carry but showing passing-down chops with 85 receptions. In Kansas City, Williams figures to battle Charcandrick West for one roster spot behind Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Quality depth. Might mean Ware is progressing a little slow

Chiefs will sign RB Damien Williams, formerly of the Dolphins.

Williams, 26, spent his first four NFL seasons in Miami after going undrafted out of Oklahoma, managing 3.6 career yards per carry but showing passing-down chops with 85 receptions. In Kansas City, Williams figures to battle Charcandrick West for one roster spot behind Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware.

Or West is out

35 minutes ago, yoinesh123 said:

Hey Rams fan over here. We just signed Ramik Wilson from you guys..... What are your thoughts on him? 

He’s someone who hasn’t hit his full potential yet. He reminded me a lot of DJ coming out and I thought he would be primed to take over that role when DJ left. Our coaching staff benched him for the year and when he had the chance to play he did well. I think he’ll be good in Wade’s system. 

8 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

We better draft big for defense. I'd hate us to look like D. Vermeil's 2004 vs. Colts playoff team. All offense, no defense.

No chance it's that bad (we have like 3 guys, at least, better than anyone on that 2004 defense), but I agree. Need a heavy D focus in the draft. The nice thing with the O we have right now is in addition to just being really talented, they're also locked up for awhile. It's not like when the D was elite a few years back, where we were constantly dealing with having to find future replacements for aging guys like Flowers or Hali, and dealing with getting outbid on extending guys like Smith and all our #2 and #3 safeties. We've got a solid 2 years where we can pretty much leave the offense be. Morse and a couple backups are pretty much all that'll be coming up for a bit.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:05 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Found the tweet:

Free agent TE Ben Watson visited the Saints.

Speaking Tuesday, Saints coach Sean Payton called adding both a receiver and tight end a "must." Reuniting with Watson would make a ton of sense, though the 37-year-old is coming off a season where he averaged an anemic 8.6 yards per catch. He's a sure pair of hands at this point in his career but not much else.

Archived