KC FA tracker

valkrei

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

So in your opinion is CB or S a bigger weakness?  I would at least one of each to be drafted.

Definitely both. 

At CB we're kind of in the same boat as we were prior to Peters being traded: one ascending CB and a total question mark at the other (I'm not sold on Amerson in the slightest).

At Safety we're hoping Berry comes back Berry and not sure what we have elsewhere. So I would say Safety would be slightly ahead in my book. To me, this is one of the deepest Safety drafts I can really remember so quality can be had a little farther down the line fortunately for us.

I think CB is definitely a bigger reason for concern.

Behind Fuller, Nelson and Amerson (whatever to expect from him) there is virtually noone with any kind of gameday experience.

Will Redmond was considered a 1st round pick by some when entering the 2016 draft (was selected in the 3rd), but his early career got absoutely derailed by injuries (knee 2016, ankle 2017), thus he didn't even play a down in pre-season.

So unless the team saw something in last year's holdovers (Lampkin, Baxter, Reaser) we are not aware of, this position to me looks like a black hole.

At S with Sorensen and now Golden you have at least someone with experience as backups - even If I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Murray starting over Parker (don't understand that move at all).

2 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

I think CB is definitely a bigger reason for concern.

Behind Fuller, Nelson and Amerson (whatever to expect from him) there is virtually noone with any kind of gameday experience.

Will Redmond was considered a 1st round pick by some when entering the 2016 draft (was selected in the 3rd), but his early career got absoutely derailed by injuries (knee 2016, ankle 2017), thus he didn't even play a down in pre-season.

So unless the team saw something in last year's holdovers (Lampkin, Baxter, Reaser) we are not aware of, this position to me looks like a black hole.

At S with Sorensen and now Golden you have at least someone with experience as backups - even If I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Murray starting over Parker (don't understand that move at all).

The good thing is that this is a pretty deep CB class. There's potentially at least one person in rounds 2-5 that I think could start. They won't be perfect mind you, but they could effectively start. I'm hoping for someone in round 2-3.

I agree about Parker. I really don't get that release. We should have kept him and made him compete for his starting spot, which I doubt he would have lost to anyone currently on the roster.

I agree with Chiefer that there is a ton of S talent in this draft. That said, I hope we think 3rd round rather than three 7th round/UDFA types. 

The CB do not look quite as deep. Then again, it may be a matter of labels. A lot of college CB are S at this level. Ideally, we can get a rotation guy in round 2. Realistically, we get one rotation guy for the whole secondary and patch things again. 

J

29 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I agree with Chiefer that there is a ton of S talent in this draft. That said, I hope we think 3rd round rather than three 7th round/UDFA types. 

The CB do not look quite as deep. Then again, it may be a matter of labels. A lot of college CB are S at this level. Ideally, we can get a rotation guy in round 2. Realistically, we get one rotation guy for the whole secondary and patch things again. 

J

In my mock thread I brought up Holton Hill from Texas, the guy has some off field concerns but imo he'd be an absolute steal who's probably gonna go a lot lower than the talent would dictate. I think there's gonna be a few CBs down the line that are gonna be there for us but I definitely feel S is where the depth is at.

So a name I forgot about for #2 TE is Jace Amaro. 

Pretty sure he was with Mahomes at Texas Tech for a year.

Never lived up to the draft hype so far, but with an offense becoming more like the Air Raid I wonder if he can do better.

Could just be camp fodder but you never know, Veach likes buying low on these early round drafted players from other teams

Didn't know that Ford failed his physical meaning his contract is guaranteed:

https://kckingdom.com/2018/04/07/kansas-city-chiefs-is-dee-ford-scapegoat-want/

"2018 will be the year for Ford. This upcoming season will determine everything for Ford. Due to certain issues with his back injury, he wasn’t able to pass a physical in March, guaranteeing his money for this year, and not allowing the Chiefs to part ways one way or the other. Ford is getting paid pretty big bucks for a guy that has put up pretty low numbers."

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

Logan signs wih Tennessee ... good thing, may net the Chiefs a comp pick down the line.

In other news: Toub promoted to Asst Head Coach. Guess he'll be on some teams' HC list again next year.

Logan only signed for one year $4mil with up to another $5mil in incentives. I think Watkins really hurt our chances at getting a comp pick next year.

And really, I would have taken Logan back at that price.

Not really. According to overthecap we would currently get a 6th Rounder for Mitchell.

Wilson, Fulton, Logan and KPL cancel out Watkins, Hitchens, Henne and Damien Williams.

I hope that we can get another one with DJ, even if it would just be a 7th Rounder.

7 hours ago, Edge said:

Not really. According to overthecap we would currently get a 6th Rounder for Mitchell.

Wilson, Fulton, Logan and KPL cancel out Watkins, Hitchens, Henne and Damien Williams.

I hope that we can get another one with DJ, even if it would just be a 7th Rounder.

I am really surprised we haven't heard anything about DJ yet.  Seriously KC just make this guy a coach and pay the man.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:
Tim Wright - TE - Chiefs

Chiefs signed TE Tim Wright.

Wright broke out with 54 catches for 571 yards and five scores as a rookie in 2013, but he has struggled to recapture that magic. Cut at the end of camp by the Lions, Wright spent last season out of the league. He will fight for one of the final roster spots in camp.

I think he had an ACL injury as well.  If recovered it could be a good depth signing.  Camp will be interesting this year a lot of new faces and some that will make the team in some way or another.

Archived