KC FA tracker

valkrei

Definitely doing our due diligence:

From roto:

The Chiefs hosted free agent OT Cornelius Lucas.

It's the first interest in Lucas this offseason. Lucas has appeared in just six games since 2015 and was limited to one spot start with the Rams last year. He would be a depth signing in Kansas City.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

From roto:

It's the first interest in Lucas this offseason. Lucas has appeared in just six games since 2015 and was limited to one spot start with the Rams last year. He would be a depth signing in Kansas City.

We have to make sure we are protecting PM2 to much rides on him.

Chiefs signed RB Kerwynn Williams, formerly of the Cardinals, to a one-year contract.

Williams started six games for the Cardinals last season but averaged just 3.6 yards per carry and one score over 130 touches. He'll compete with Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, and Damien Williams for touches behind Kareem Hunt.
Related: Chiefs

17 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Chiefs signed RB Kerwynn Williams, formerly of the Cardinals, to a one-year contract.

Williams started six games for the Cardinals last season but averaged just 3.6 yards per carry and one score over 130 touches. He'll compete with Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, and Damien Williams for touches behind Kareem Hunt.
Related: Chiefs

I have no clue what to make out of these RB signings ...

On 4/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

From roto:

Rams re-signed OT Cornelius Lucas.

Lucas visited the Chiefs last week, but that was his only hint of interest on the open market. He will compete for a backup role for the Rams.

23 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

I have no clue what to make out of these RB signings ...

Someone on twitter broke down Texas Tech’s offense with all the different ways they use different RB’s. I’m guessing Reid will use multiple, multiple backs through out the game and in the offense. Keep it comfortable for 2PM

I like the competition.  West is solid, yet unspectacular.  Ware should be the #2 if he comes back healthy.

The Williams brothers are both versatile and cheap, will push West for sure.  Wouldn’t mind replacing A. Hunt with an UDFA.  Aside from Kareem we have no one going towards 2019

I like filling the offense with veterans, keep the draft open on defense.

34 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I like the competition.  West is solid, yet unspectacular.  Ware should be the #2 if he comes back healthy.

The Williams brothers are both versatile and cheap, will push West for sure.  Wouldn’t mind replacing A. Hunt with an UDFA.  Aside from Kareem we have no one going towards 2019

I like filling the offense with veterans, keep the draft open on defense.

Competition is right, very few players should be safe. We need to get better period.

• 2 weeks later...

>:(

Free agent LB Derrick Johnson is visiting the Raiders on Thursday.

Johnson would certainly fit the Raiders' apparent plan to get older this offseason, but that does not mean he would be a bad signing. Despite coming back from another Achilles tear, Johnson was reasonably effective for the Chiefs last year. The 13-year pro will turn 36 during the season.
Related: Raiders

So if we want to acquire Shane Ray, we either wait a year and have to win a bidding war or    Maybe we can give cleavland our 6th and a 7th next year, and Cleavland gives Denver a 6th and doesn't tell Denver the trade will benefit KC?  Just an idea.

Archived