KC FA tracker

valkrei

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Chiefs signed S Robert Golden, formerly of the Steelers.

Golden, 27, was released in a cost-cutting move earlier this season. He's mainly a special teams player but can fill in as a third safety in a pinch.

Hopefully it's for special teams.

I'm really hoping we get someone like Elliott in the draft.

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Hopefully it's for special teams.

I'm really hoping we get someone like Elliott in the draft.

What I think this means....  we believe Sorensen/Murray can play a starters role.

What I hope this means... Sorensen/Murray now have to earn a ST spot on this roster.

8 hours ago, samsel23 said:

What I think this means....  we believe Sorensen/Murray can play a starters role.

What I hope this means... Sorensen/Murray now have to earn a ST spot on this roster.

Wouldn't be totally shocked, if we draft a Safety or 2, to see Sorensen get the boot. He's decent as a reserve Safety but I think he's smashed his head on his ceiling already.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Wouldn't be totally shocked, if we draft a Safety or 2, to see Sorensen get the boot. He's decent as a reserve Safety but I think he's smashed his head on his ceiling already.

I’m hoping for one.  Murray, Sorensen, and Golden can fight for a couple ST spots.  I don’t mind Sorensen but he’s overpaid for his role and doesn’t make as many plays when asked to handle a larger role.

McQuay has a decent athletic profile also. I wouldn’t mind Sorensen, Murray, Golden, and McQuay battling for a couple spots but another young guy is needed. 

6 hours ago, samsel23 said:

@kingseanjohn thoughts on Jessie Bates III?  Safety is probably my favorite to scout and I think he has All-Pro potential with a little seasoning.

I agree about the potential. I think he should have stayed another year instead of coming out after his sophomore season. He has a knack for being around the ball and getting his hands on it. Outside of some highlight plays, I worry a bit about his tackling. He doesn't always wrap up. Also, his angles when defending against the run aren't always the best and tend to be a hair off. He's more likely to slow someone down than be the last line of defense in making a tackle.

I think he'd be great as our #3 safety, someone that can be in man coverage or playing centerfield. If we play Berry more in the box, he would be a good #2.

He basically plays like a stereotypical CB. Great in coverage but don't count on him to tackle.

10 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

So in your opinion is CB or S a bigger weakness?  I would at least one of each to be drafted.

Archived