As expected, Brees/Saints reach deal. 2 YR/$50 M

Spartica4Real

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Least surprising thing ever really. Glad he gets to end his career there.

I'm most happy that he gets to end his career here on an actual good team with the defense/running game to support him. I wanted him to end his career here no matter what, but would've been a shame to do it on a team that couldn't contend. 

He played great in the playoffs to mask it a bit, but Brees showed signs of regression last year. I remember watching several games thinking his arm was shot.

Saints had to bring him back tho, as they have no viable backup plan to him. They haven't done a good job of developing anybody behind him. I would like to see them draft Lamar Jackson, would be interesting to see what Payton could do with him.

14 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I remember watching several games thinking his arm was shot.

Usually when he looked bad, you could go back one game and see that the game before he made a lot of throws or took a couple solid hits.

Some of Brees best games came after run-heavy games the week before. I said a while back that Brees needs a pitch count and some Saints fans didn’t agree, it’ll be interesting to see how things play out this year 

He's one of the greatest ever. 

But he's also made a lot of money in his career (probably one of the richest all time)and surely the chance of another sb more than the extra 24 mil is what motivates him at this stage. 

So I am surprised he didn't take a little more of a cut to help the team. 

his choice of course

Archived