As expected, Brees/Saints reach deal. 2 YR/$50 M

Spartica4Real

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think the general consensus was that Drew Brees was definitely staying in New Orleans. At least in our forum. 

Dude, Twitter was nuts. Tons of Vikes fans were positive the Vikes could lure him north. Though to be honest, Twitter is not for the brightest of football fans. And as far as Vikings fans go, this forum has consistently sported the best I could find. Hats off to you folks #SkolDat

1 hour ago, The Hitch said:

He's one of the greatest ever. 

But he's also made a lot of money in his career (probably one of the richest all time)and surely the chance of another sb more than the extra 24 mil is what motivates him at this stage. 

So I am surprised he didn't take a little more of a cut to help the team. 

his choice of course

hes getting 13.5/year guarenteed, thats a great deal for the saints.

6 hours ago, The Hitch said:

He's one of the greatest ever. 

But he's also made a lot of money in his career (probably one of the richest all time)and surely the chance of another sb more than the extra 24 mil is what motivates him at this stage. 

So I am surprised he didn't take a little more of a cut to help the team. 

his choice of course

I came in here to post the same thing. If I was Brees I would do exactly what Brady did, and take a little less. Easy for me to say though.

What are the saints needs? They seem like a very complete team at the moment. They probably need to continue to add defensive depth, and for sure need to draft a qbotf 

Archived