Ndamukong Suh - Hmmmm

Mid Iowa

Ndamukong Suh is likely to be released due to money. 

What would our D-line look like with that monster in the middle? I know it's a long shot at best, but what if?

He just might take a reasonable salary to play for a contender, which we are. And he'd be immersed in a line with young guys who are up & coming.

It kind of reminds me of the Jeremy Shockey acquisition, I hated the guy...until he was on my team.

22 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Ndamukong Suh is likely to be released due to money. 

What would our D-line look like with that monster in the middle? I know it's a long shot at best, but what if?

He just might take a reasonable salary to play for a contender, which we are. And he'd be immersed in a line with young guys who are up & coming.

It kind of reminds me of the Jeremy Shockey acquisition, I hated the guy...until he was on my team.

I think a team like the 49ers might just throw more money around and look to get Suh.  I mean they started with a ton of capspace and although they spent a good amount, I think they still have more than enough to pay Suh a good contract.  Not to mention the 49ers look like they could potentially be a contender with some of the moves they made as well as Jimmy G looking to turn that team around at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Raves said:

Not to mention the 49ers look like they could potentially be a contender with some of the moves they made as well as Jimmy G looking to turn that team around at the end of the season.

Big difference between "could be" and "are". Saints have a top QB, the best RB combo arguably in NFL history, and now a young, hungry defense that is still improving. Coming off another playoff run. Combine with NOLA being a fun city to live in, albeit a small market. I would think that NOLA is a prime destination for Free Agents on defense...providing that Loomis has the funds to work with. Harder now with them giving another huge chunk to Brees. Again.

I mean I'm glad we are getting consistency, but I feel like Brees and Condon have no interest in helping the cap when coming to having funds available for other players. Which is their rights I guess.

20 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Not sure I want another dirty player on defense to resurrect the whole bountgate fiasco.

Of course it would be worth it for a Super Bowl though.

I want us to make a run at Poe.

Missing out on Graham hurts. I was really looking forward to seeing him back on the Saints. Oh well.

Here are my targets for the remaining free agents: 
QB: Daniel- don't fix what's not broken. Ideally we would draft a QB for competition.
RB: Darkwa- very talented and underrated back for years on the Giants. He can also play some fullback. The Giants OL has been really bad, and Darkwa was consistently the Giants best back. He would fit well for our #3 bruiser that can fill in for Ingram if needed.
FB: Line- did a fantastic job last year, and still very young.
WR: Decker- Very underrated WR who is EXCELLENT in the slot and redzone. I think that this would be a sneaky good WR pick up.
TE: ASJ- He is the most talented, and I thought that he looked pretty good last year on a pretty bad Jets team. If Brees can make an aging Ben Watson a pro-bowler...it's not out of the realm of possibilities for ASJ. He's better than Fleener. Honorable mention goes to Antonio Gates. Already has some rapport with Brees, is a solid blocker, and can still win in the redzone. Any way you slice it...the Saints need to draft a TE in the first 4 rounds this year.
OL: Kelemete- I think that he will get paid more to go elsewhere, but he would be great for continuity purposes. 
DE: Alex Okafor- Has a good price point for the Saints, and showed that he can contribute in a starting role. The Saints should be looking for an upgrade, but he's still a nice stop-gap if healthy
DT: Suh- This is the one big splash that I'd try to make. Suh immediately transforms this team unlike any other free agent. He'd cost a ton...but he'd probably be worth. Honorable mention to Benny Logan. He's not sexy, but he is a very good run defender, and that is probably what the Saints need most up front. 
LB: Brown, Z- probably the best LB available in free agency who would probably start at one of the three LB positions. Of course...the Saints should target this position for upgrade either way.
CB: Robinson- It's always tough bringing players back...but clearly Robinson got the coaching he needed in Philly and would give the Saints a very strong nickel package with Crawley and Lattimore. Honorable mention to DRC...who may be decent in cover-3, which the Saints like to run quite a bit.

I really think Suh would be a great addition to our DLine. He would take some pressure off of Cam and give us a great inside presence to go alongside Rankins. However, I don't think he will come here. He's probably going to go to the highest bidder and I don't think the Saints will be that team. 

5 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I really think Suh would be a great addition to our DLine. He would take some pressure off of Cam and give us a great inside presence to go alongside Rankins. However, I don't think he will come here. He's probably going to go to the highest bidder and I don't think the Saints will be that team. 

I agree this will probably be the case. You never know, though. We've seen the Patriots pull crap out of the hat like this often.

Although I think he will look to take the money, I think there could be a chance to bring him in on a 1 yr deal for less money if we got him to visit.  If we could get him to sit down, go over the plans for him, let him hang out with the defense some, explain that we are looking to make a big final push in the next two years with Brees still under center for a Super Bowl he might be willing to do so.  But then the same thing could be said about him going to the Patriots.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Although I think he will look to take the money, I think there could be a chance to bring him in on a 1 yr deal for less money if we got him to visit.  If we could get him to sit down, go over the plans for him, let him hang out with the defense some, explain that we are looking to make a big final push in the next two years with Brees still under center for a Super Bowl he might be willing to do so.  But then the same thing could be said about him going to the Patriots.

The rumors are the Saints want to add another penetrating type of 3 tec so it would appear the FA pool is down to Suh, Sheldon Richardson and Tom Johnson. They missed out on Wilkerson who choose the better scheme fit in Green Bay. Suh and Richardson would cost a ton and have character concerns while Johnson is a former Saint and could be had on the cheap and come in as a reliable rotational interior rusher.

Archived